Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

back molars?

(7 Posts)
lilsmum Thu 21-Jul-05 23:11:16

dd 18mth has been grizzly all day, tonight has woken up crying, i thought she is getting a cold, but she doesnt seem to have a temp, yet her right cheek is red and hot. stupid question i know but do you think it could be her back molar coming through? is it normally bout 18mth they get them ?(she only has 4 back molars and 2 fangs to get now)

blodwen Thu 21-Jul-05 23:13:32

They are normally referred to as '2 year molars', so they could well be coming through a bit early.

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 23:17:04

my ds has been getting his back molars over past 2mths and he is 21mths. he has 2 of them through now and the other 2 just under

lilsmum Thu 21-Jul-05 23:19:03

nemo...is your ds suffering with getting these molars?

my dd has had virtually no probs getting any teeth (up to now) but just find it odd, that only one side of her cheek is flushed/hot.

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 23:23:05

not really as bad but then with his other teeth he was horrendous throwing up a lot and had temp/ was whiney with pain. This time he has been a little off sorts but not too bad which surprised me to find the molars just b4 they broke through

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 23:23:53

ds always gets the bright red cheeks and they do come through on both sides at exactly the same time. Mauybe just one of them is coming for your dd

lilsmum Thu 21-Jul-05 23:24:47

ok thanks for that nemo xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now