Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

SPATONE

(15 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 21-Jul-05 19:23:31

Anyone taken it?

Does it help?

Just taken my first one, and its revolting!

Jimjams Thu 21-Jul-05 19:26:40

put it in orange juice.

Twiglett Thu 21-Jul-05 19:27:19

was that for iron? I took flouradix (from health shop) and it wasn't so bad and it did help

hunkermunker Thu 21-Jul-05 19:27:46

LOL! Read this as Spat One and wondered what you'd spat!

Sounds like you nearly did though

Miaou Thu 21-Jul-05 19:30:31

Ditto hunker! Glad it wasn't just me!

Jimjams Thu 21-Jul-05 19:38:02

It's mineral water naturally high in iron- meant to be better than floradix.

Eve Thu 21-Jul-05 19:41:07

take it every day usually in orange juice.

Can't tolerate other iron tablets and naturally inclined to be anemic.

bobbybob Thu 21-Jul-05 20:23:25

I read it as Spa tone and though it was a massaging device - honestly these pharmaceutical companies spend all this money to come up with names that sound like other stuff.

sorrel Thu 21-Jul-05 20:24:43

can't taste it in ribena . You will get used to it- honest!

Mojomummy Thu 21-Jul-05 20:25:59

good for not making you constipated

Is your baby due yet ? I took it for about 3 weeks before dd was due to increase my iron levels.

Don't know if it did the trick, but the midwife was less alarmed when I told her after she had looked at my iron levels

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 21-Jul-05 21:38:41

Due in October..... did put it in orange juice, but didnt mix it so got the after taste at the end of the juice! Mingin! Just wondered how long it took to work, as MW at hopsital said allow a week but i knw iron tablets took longer

ediemay Thu 21-Jul-05 22:15:44

It does work and I found a bit of apple juice hid the taste better than orange. It really helped me and kept my blood count right up when I really needed it!

marthamoo Thu 21-Jul-05 22:16:25

I thought it said Spat One too, and was wondering what on earth it could be.

Mojomummy Fri 22-Jul-05 09:25:18

I think about 1 or 2 weeks be DD should be ok ?

Yes, it has a metallic taste to it ? I think I just you to knock it back & then grimace afterwards !

mancmum Tue 26-Jul-05 20:22:51

fab stuff -- no constipation and aneamia cured! put in OJ or just drink fast!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: