Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

One-Day Virus

(4 Posts)
JuJuMoo Thu 21-Jul-05 15:43:51

A very bizarre thing happened to me yesterday ...I woke up at five in the morning to feed my little one, and felt a little sick. Went back to sleep and woke up at nine with a burning temperature, shakey legs, muscle ache, dizzyness and confustion, feeling sick and the most splitting headache. I've had migranes before but never with the other symptoms.

Called the GP out who luckly gave me the all clear for meningitis. After lots of Nurofen; I feel 100% better, with just a little sore throat and I feel like I've got a hangover (I don't drink anymore but can remeber the symptoms!)

What was that all about? How can I go from being so sick I couldn't get out of bed - to being vitually normal today? Has anyone else had something similar? GP said it was a virus but don't they normally last a week or so?

lilaclotus Thu 21-Jul-05 15:44:51

you do get ones that last 24h.

lilaclotus Thu 21-Jul-05 15:45:27

and i;'m glad you're feeling better now. it sounds like it was awful!

JuJuMoo Thu 21-Jul-05 15:49:05

It was - I'm now worried about going back to work too soon incase my manager thinks it was "falsified" (we have a bit of a sickie problem in our office! Not me too often though!) I'm definately well enough to go back tomorrow, so I'll just have to see what happens. Thanks for your reply though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now