Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is the latest a baby has got their teeth through????

(20 Posts)
littlerach Thu 21-Jul-05 10:32:10

DD2 is almost a year and still has no teeth.

Should I be worried?

What is the oldest that babies have been withoput having teeth?

kid Thu 21-Jul-05 10:34:08

Don't know what the latest is, but DD got her 1st tooth at 11months and at 18 months only had 4 teeth.

She is 6 now and there are all there, still waiting for her to loose one actually!

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Jul-05 10:35:46

A friend of mine's oldest son didn't have any teeth until he was nearly 2, I think.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. In fact, the old wives' tales say, the later they get teeth, the better teeth they'll have. And actually, my dentist agrees.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 10:37:10

DD was 13 months old before her first tooth came through. They then came through gradually, but in the wrong order.

I did take DD to the dentist to ask about it, but was assured that it was fine. To put my mind at rest she was referred to the dental hospital at about 16 months - she only had 3 or 4 teeth max (maybe less?) and no bottom two front teeth. But all was fine.

She is now 3y 3m and has all her teeth. Her front bottom two are slightly crooked, as a result of coming through late. But dentist things this will correct itself with her second tteth.

QueenOfQuotes Thu 21-Jul-05 10:41:08

By 18 months DS1 had all but his very back teeth.

DS2 - is now 20 months and has the front 4, top and bottom, and 2 further back at the top - so 10 teeth in total - and no sign of any more just yet

QueenOfQuotes Thu 21-Jul-05 10:42:16

oh forgot to say - DS1 got his first tooth through just before he turned one.

DS2 had his first tooth at 10 monhts!

burstingbug Thu 21-Jul-05 10:46:11

Ooooooh, teeth, exciting my DS is 5 months today and has just got his 1st tooth it popped through his gum sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday

littlerach Thu 21-Jul-05 10:51:46

So I don't need to worry yet?!

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 10:52:36

No

hazlinh Fri 22-Jul-05 09:11:14

my nephew got first tooth at ten mths!!

starrynight Fri 22-Jul-05 09:36:27

My DS didn't get any teeth til he was about a yearish so I wouldn't worry.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 22-Jul-05 09:45:29

aww bless her.... still no teethies! i know what its like to be waiting for them, jess was 10 months before her first popped through and now only has 5.... she will get there hun, it's a good sign that they will be "good" teeth when they do appear!

Big hugs from me x

aloha Fri 22-Jul-05 10:07:27

My ds was definitely over a year, and then it took an old lady in Superdrug to point out to me that he had his first one!

Hulababy Fri 22-Jul-05 10:15:42

Do you find that even with no teeth you little ones can manage almost any food regardless? I remember DD aged 8 months, on Christmas Day, tucking happily into fillet steak, veggies, all the trimmings plus a pudding. All minus any teeth

starrynight Fri 22-Jul-05 18:11:41

Oh yeah, their gums are sooo hard aren't they!

singsong Fri 22-Jul-05 18:40:11

Ds is almost one and has only just got his first tooth.

littlerach Fri 22-Jul-05 19:12:34

SHE HAS A TOOTH!!!!!!

Yes, I kid you not!! A tiny tooth has appeared today at the bottom.

And she isn't quite a year!!!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 22-Jul-05 19:13:32

there you go hun, all that worry of nothing! Bless her little cotton socks!!! Wont take long for the rest to follow now!

charleepeters Fri 22-Jul-05 19:14:10

DS has no toothys yet hes coming up 11 months, lots of teething signs still no actual teeth though!

bee3 Fri 22-Jul-05 19:54:12

My ds is nearly 18 months, and has a grand total of 4 teeth, with 2 more just about to emerge. He got his first at 11 months, 2nd at just over a year (both on the bottom) and one top front tooth at about 15 months.

I was a bit worried to begin with, but have been told numerous times that it really isn't a problem, and I am now perfectly relaxed about the whole thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now