Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

um... how faint is a faint line?

(100 Posts)
colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 10:23:49

Did a pregnancy test this morning as period is a week late....

there is the faintest smudge where the positive line would be, so faint I'm not entirely convinced it's there.

Court of mumsnet, what do you think?

rickman Thu 21-Jul-05 10:25:05

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:25:07

if it looks like it was there and was within the time limit then it is prob a pos..i would retest tommorow or next day to see

kid Thu 21-Jul-05 10:25:34

slight line = positive (IMO)

would be best to test again in a few days to see if its darker then.

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:25:37

when is af due colditz?

flamesparrow Thu 21-Jul-05 10:26:30

Sounds pretty positive... you could try a sensitive one see if it is darker?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Jul-05 10:26:31

I think the hormones are strongest in your first pee of the morning - the old tests used to require a first-morning pee. So I always used that, as it was more likely to give a clear result.

colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 10:28:33

It was first morning pee, don't know whether it was in the time limit, I got distracted. If af is period, it was due a week ago!

It was a cheap test though, which test is the most sensitive?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Jul-05 10:29:31

It sounds positive to me. I'd test again in a couple of days to be sure. Is your period normally really regular?

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:30:42

i always have faith in clearblue digi...i used first response this pregnancy and got a negative but clearblue digi came up with pregnant..no analysing lines either

colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 10:32:31

Regular as clock work. The only time my period has ever been late was when I got pregnant with ds.... line showed very very clear positive.

TMI, maybe, but I have raging thrush too. Could this have caused a late period?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Jul-05 10:33:39

I don't think thrush would. But who knows? Any other symptoms? (Are you TTC?)

I'd test again in a few days. If you're pregnant now, you'll still be pregnant then, only more so.

Toothache Thu 21-Jul-05 10:35:07

Colditz - I think you're pg... go get a clear blue digital.

colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 10:35:09

Not TTC, but not on the pill either.. I don't mind either way!

I don't think I can wait 2 days, i really don't!

Flossam Thu 21-Jul-05 10:35:26

Can't think that thrush could cause this Colditz, I think the only thing that can cause a line there is the pregnancy hormone or a red pen!!

Toothache Thu 21-Jul-05 10:37:31

Can you get to the shops now????

>toothache obsessing once again about pregnancy testing<

Jimjams Thu 21-Jul-05 10:50:36

I had this- and period arrived a few days later- I think it was a conception that didn't implant properly or something similar.

DS1 was conceived 2 months later though

colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 10:53:09

It is only the faintest smudge though.

Dumpy Thu 21-Jul-05 10:57:31

When I first did a preg test, it did the same as yours (faint line), and i was confused so I rang the helpline on the packet and they said I haven't weed on it enough. So I did another one and it was negative. Got preg a few months later though and she's now 10 months!

ruty Thu 21-Jul-05 11:48:11

i got this with clear blue - a faint line - and rang docs who said i was pg. But when i went to docs a week later they did a test and it was neg. Quite relieved at time, long time ago with old boyfriend.

pooka Thu 21-Jul-05 12:45:06

Colditz - I only did a preg test because was ttc, had raging thrush out of nowhere and wanted to be certain that wasn't pregnant before taking oral canestan. Baby due in 6 and a half weeks!
Very very faint line at first. Digital test resounding PREGNANT!!

colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 15:08:33

Have done a first response test - resounding negative.

I don't mind, wasn't trying to conceive....but where the hell is my period? I'm never late!

flamesparrow Thu 21-Jul-05 15:24:31

Do you think you will start TTC now? Sometimes after a day like this when you've had all the "what ifs" going round in your head it pushes ya one way or the other.

Just nosey

colditz Thu 21-Jul-05 21:59:57

Very astute Flamesparrow, you obviously have great understanding of people.

Yes, I am thinking about it now. Dp would be thrilled.

sproutsmum Thu 21-Jul-05 22:57:19

Hi , I'm new here so tell me to get lost if i'm butting in but if it's any help at all sprout was totally negative on a first response but she showed as a barely visible line on a cheapy boots test the same day and.. she's a beautiful 3 month baby girly now.. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now