Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

BOREDOM/SNACKY EATERS - tips for stopping?

(5 Posts)
lunavix Wed 20-Jul-05 13:37:54

Have realised my biggest fault with putting weight on is snacking throughout the day. When I'm busy I'm fine, but I tend not to eat at meal times as the kids keep me busy then I snack all afternoon.

In the evenings I tend to snack a lot, due to boredom (but that's another thread!)

Tips for stopping? Gum? I've tried replacing food with diet pepsi but I know it's not good for me!

colditz Wed 20-Jul-05 14:09:14

If I knew the answer to the, Lunavix, I would have the figure on Angelina Jolie!

TracyK Wed 20-Jul-05 14:14:50

don't have any fattening snacky things in the house! I went shopping to tescos and didn't buy any biscuits or crisps - boo hoo - so now have no snacks to have!
try listening to the Paul McKenna CD round about teatime for inspiration.

Slink Wed 20-Jul-05 14:30:57

Oh me too but i too have stopped buying all the junk, that way dd doesn't get it , it doesn't go in dh lunch box. But i did try tick tacs god got bad wind!!! but i dring juice (as water bores me and too much make me feel like i am drowning!)

Bugsy2 Wed 20-Jul-05 15:45:45

don't buy anything you know you will enjoy!!!! If you have a sweet tooth, try medjool dates (so yummy like fudge) or cherries. If its savoury stuff, get those puffed rice things. I think they are worse than disgusting but I have lots of friends who nibble constantly on them in the war against flab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now