Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Went very dizzy today - it scared me

(5 Posts)
jampots Tue 19-Jul-05 16:08:29

After collecting ds from school at 3.10 I jumped back into the car and started to drive off. The school is only a 2 min drive away but as soon as I turned the corner I started to feel really dizzy. I stayed this way until I reached home (should have gone to pick dd up from her school but felt to scared to drive). I looked in the mirror at one point and think my lips were very pale which scared me even more. My legs started feeling quite "heavy" too although I dont feel like my heart rate really changed. Has anyone else felt like this. Havent really eaten a lot today so could be that but now too scared to drive to Tesco (made dh drive us to collect dd)

WideWebWitch Tue 19-Jul-05 16:10:08

Food I bet jampots. It's not often I don't eat enough but on the rare occasion I haven't I have sometimes felt dizzy. Eat and I bet you feel better.

chicagomum Tue 19-Jul-05 16:16:34

prob either low blood sugar or dehydration combat either with a sweet drink, other possibilty could be low blood pressure so if you keep doing it would be worth getting that checked out (i've got that and if i get up to quickly after sitting for a while the room spins etc)

jolou1 Tue 19-Jul-05 16:51:56

Inner ear infections can cause dizziness, but you usually notice it when you stand up. (It feels like trying to walk in a cross-channel ferry on a really rough crossing) Doctor can give tablets to alleviate nausea if necessary.

IvortheEngine Tue 19-Jul-05 16:56:21

jampots - Don't ignore these symptoms. I can speak from (very) recent experience. I ended up in A&E. Don't drive until you feel well again. Make an appointment asap with your gp to get your blood pressure checked. Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now