Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Raised ESR

(5 Posts)
Janbo25 Tue 19-Jul-05 08:32:04

Hi, I had my ds 6 months ago and ever since then I've not felt 100% I've always had some sort of achy pain in my chest but a blood clot as been ruled out and I have had an ECG which to appeared fine. However my ESR as remained raised apparently although not highly significantly only around 27 - 30. I also feel like i get heart palpatations now and again and cramp in my left arm, I'm not sure but think it may be worse whilst I am on my period, I am due to see the consultant later today but just wondered if anyone else has felt similar or any thing???

Many Thanks

noddyholder Tue 19-Jul-05 11:58:56

I have a heart condition which causes dizziness and palpitations and it definitely gets worse with my period Have they checked the valves?Have you had an echo?

Janbo25 Tue 19-Jul-05 12:21:24

hi, thanks for replying they havn't checked my valves, but i will mention it today, what treatment do you have?? and when did it first start??

noddyholder Tue 19-Jul-05 12:27:34

I have had 2 kidnet transplants and in the run up to the 2nd I started getting weird symptoms like you describe.They told me it ws anxiety but eventually did tests and discovered I had a heart condition I am maintained at present on tablets Doesn't a raised ESR indicate infection?

Janbo25 Tue 19-Jul-05 12:28:48

what other symptoms do you have or did you have???
I believe a raised ESR indicates some sort of inflamation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now