Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

1st Period?

(14 Posts)
likklemum Mon 18-Jul-05 17:59:36

Not that i miss them, but when should i expect my first period after the six week joy? Ds is now 14 weeks and i breastfeed exclusivly (sp?) and still no show.

mandyc66 Mon 18-Jul-05 18:24:55

Imy baby is 10 months started mine after 8 months with last babies it was nine months.

likklemum Mon 18-Jul-05 18:47:17

Was that after you stopped b/feeding? Great. Another 5 months! Are they the same as before?

WigWamBam Mon 18-Jul-05 18:48:26

Mine was 13 months.

likklemum Mon 18-Jul-05 18:52:20

Even better WWB!

mandyc66 Mon 18-Jul-05 21:05:44

still feeding at night and if he wakes. yes the same as before the first one can be a bit heavier and they can be a bit irregular to start with but soon settle down

nannyjo Mon 18-Jul-05 21:06:56

mine was 9 month even though i only BF for 3 months.

PiccadillyCircus Mon 18-Jul-05 21:06:58

Mine started again when DS was 10 months (almost exactly 4 weeks after he stopped breastfeeding)

PiccadillyCircus Mon 18-Jul-05 21:07:43

They came back the same as before...but only had 4 before I got pregnant again .

Distel Mon 18-Jul-05 21:08:32

I had my first period about 5 days after I stopped breast feeding (about 10 months). I do wonder if this was because I stopped Breast feeding or if this would have happened anyway.

mandyc66 Mon 18-Jul-05 21:23:23

well people who dont breast feed seem to start before dont they? think I only had3 before I was expectin!! Got pregnant around 1 year

flowerfairy Mon 18-Jul-05 22:32:38

i had one about at 8 weeks, when ds started sleeping through, so I wsn't bf as often.

It came as abit of a shock, as I'd only just finished that other bleed. Sorry if TMI.

JuJuMoo Thu 21-Jul-05 16:01:36

I'm a bit worried, as my DS is now 7 months and my periods have not returned .... I never breastfeed as I got no milk ... I've done a pregnancy test which was negative. I wasn't regular anyway, but I am getting a tad concerned. When do you think it's time to go to the GP?

MeerkatsUnite Thu 21-Jul-05 16:19:17

JuJuMoo.

Would suggest you go to your GP now and ask for a blood test to be done to assess your hormone levels properly. They need to test and compare your LH (luteinising hormone) and FSH (follicle stimulation hormone) levels as these two control the whole ovulation process. If these two are awry (especially if LH is higher than FSH; ideally these two levels should be the same) then periods can become very irregular. It can be corrected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now