Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS vomiting is there a bug going around?????????

(7 Posts)
Nemo1977 Mon 18-Jul-05 12:23:45

hi all
DS 21mths has been vomitting all night [about 6 times] and once this morning. I have only been giving him a little water to drink which after each time he has thrown up again. He is asleep at the min and been trying to be happy but lost his sparkle iykwim. I will try him again with some water when he wakes up but just wondered at what point should i reintroduce some food or milk? Also is this a bug thats going around as it seems to have come from nowhere was happily playing at grandparents last night then went to bed but obviously woke up vomitting. Also wondered if it could be anything to do with getting his last molars???

CAn u tell im a first time mum
thanks for any advice

lilaclotus Mon 18-Jul-05 12:28:04

we've had a few stomach bugs go around lately and getting very fed up of them. i suggest keep giving him little bits of water during the day. after maybe a day try him with a bit of toast, some apple or banana. milk isn't such a good idea.

Nemo1977 Mon 18-Jul-05 12:32:10

thanks lilaclotus i didnt think milk would be good. Just feel sorry for him, hes been poorly before but never so much vomitting.

Nightynight Mon 18-Jul-05 12:51:00

hope he feels better soon nemo.

Does anyone know if there is a tummy bug with stomach pains and fever, going around in Hertfordshire at the moment?

ninah Mon 18-Jul-05 13:12:15

Hello Nemo
There's certainly a nasty bug here in Essex with high temp coughing and sickness
Maybe try boiled water? resorted to this before when ds v sick
Sounds a bit extreme for just teeth tho this prob doesn't help
Hope he feels a bit perkier when he wakes up
Love Ninah

nell12 Mon 18-Jul-05 13:19:06

I'm afraid to say, there is ALWAYS a bug going round. One remedy for replacing lost liquids, sugars and salts is giving him sips of flat coke (I didn't believe it either, but 3 separate drs have given me this advice)
Don't introduce any solids until vomiting has completely stopped, and then only something like dry toast/ crackers.
Leep up liqid intake as much as poss
Hope he feels better soon

Nemo1977 Mon 18-Jul-05 14:08:14

ds woke up and was asking to eat so have givne him some bread. Have no chance with flat coke as he will only drink water or milk..hates anything else. At least the bread seems to have appeased him so just a case of sitting and waiting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now