Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

$20,000 offer to first doctor to drink vaccine cocktail

(89 Posts)
mamadadawahwah Sun 17-Jul-05 21:25:24

Heres the link: http://gentlebirth.org/nwnm.org/VaccineOffer.htm

THE FOLLOWING OFFER is made to U.S.-licensed medical doctors who routinely administer childhood vaccinations and to pharmaceutical company CEOs worldwide:

Jock Doubleday, president of the California nonprofit corporation Natural Woman, Natural Man, Inc., hereby offers $20,000.00 (U.S.) to the first medical doctor or pharmaceutical company CEO who publicly drinks a mixture of standard vaccine additive ingredients in the same amount as a six-year-old child is recommended to receive under the year-2000 guidelines of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The mixture will not contain viruses or bacteria dead or alive, but will contain standard vaccine additive ingredients in their usual forms and proportions. The mixture will include, but will not be limited to: thimerosal (a mercury derivative), ethylene glycol (antifreeze), phenol (a disinfectant dye), benzethonium chloride (a disinfectant), formaldehyde (a preservative and disinfectant), and aluminum.

Cant wait for the first doctor to do it!

Jimjams Sun 17-Jul-05 21:31:23

mmddww- I have my own misgivings about the current childhoood vax programme- but I'm not sure this sort of post helps the cause really.

mamadadawahwah Sun 17-Jul-05 21:33:22

Huh, what "cause"??????

QueenOfQuotes Sun 17-Jul-05 21:34:48

LOL - come on you know you simply LOVE posting on 'controvesrial' threads - particularly those with reference to vaccines etc

Socci Sun 17-Jul-05 21:35:51

Message withdrawn

Jimjams Sun 17-Jul-05 21:40:53

The cause being gentle pressure to identify children who may be at risk/individualise vaccination programmes/remove unecessary additives like thimeorsal from all vaccinations/ provide adequate compensation to those to lose their chance of an independent life because of vacination damage......

This sort of post just alienates people.

MrsGordonRamsay Sun 17-Jul-05 21:43:46

Hey Girls,

It is Sunday night..................nuff said

mamadadawahwah Sun 17-Jul-05 21:44:13

And in my experience, some Mumsnetters who "reply" to my "controversial posts" tend to take a middle of the road, lets not tread the water, best left unsaid, lets not rattle anyone's cage, lets not cause a commotion, lets not think that POSSIBLY people may agree with me (even though they arent on mumsnet, lets not question anything VIEW! I am amused by the "lets not let the side down" attitude on MN. I dont take sides with anyone and sure dont give a monkeys what the majority think.
I doubt any of you saw this story and if you did why didnt you post it?? Its not only amusing, it will be interesting who if any doctors will drink the same concoction they inject into children.

I am sure we would all like to know how this story ends and I will post when I find out.

Socci Sun 17-Jul-05 21:45:44

Message withdrawn

MrsGordonRamsay Sun 17-Jul-05 21:48:16

Socci

Normal time (ish) for dodgy posts, that all.

wheresmyfroggy Sun 17-Jul-05 21:48:32

I would like to see how this story ends!

cos i damn well wouldn't drink it

QueenOfQuotes Sun 17-Jul-05 21:49:37

Surely 'drinking' something and having something injected into your blood is different anyhow?

Obviously things we eat can/do get through to our blood system etc etc, but surely not with the same effect as being injected directly??? A lot of it would be digested (to what effect on the digestive system?? - an injection doesn't reach the digestive system and if a vaccine etc has been 'designed' for injecting it probably hasn't been tested greatly on effects if someone swallows it!

For example - I occasionaly use a deep-heat rub on my shoulders it works well (usually) - and it penetrates the skin.......but I certainly wouldn't swallow the stuff........

I'm not a scientist - and was hopeless with it at school - but I'm sure the effects on the body would be different.

Socci Sun 17-Jul-05 21:50:20

Message withdrawn

QueenOfQuotes Sun 17-Jul-05 21:50:54

wheresmyfroggy - I wouldn't drink it either, and I'm pro-vax!

fqueenzebra Sun 17-Jul-05 21:51:59

Never mind the doctors, I'll have the $20,000.

Hey, I'm a PhD, is that good enough do you think?? Do you think I can get signed up??

Flum Sun 17-Jul-05 21:52:52

yeah down with vaccinations. Up with small pox. my kids don't really use their limbs anyway.

fqueenzebra Sun 17-Jul-05 21:53:03

damn, it does say "medical doctors".
Do you think there's some dodgy US medical school that will give me a mail order medical degree? Must be one...

Socci Sun 17-Jul-05 21:53:32

Message withdrawn

wheresmyfroggy Sun 17-Jul-05 21:53:37

Rather yo than me fqueenzebra (like the name by the way)

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 17-Jul-05 21:53:40

number for boden anyone

wheresmyfroggy Sun 17-Jul-05 21:54:35

You could prob buy one of the internet FQZ

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 21:55:44

Um - would it be OK if the offer was to have the mixture injected?

happymerryberries Sun 17-Jul-05 21:56:44

I use contact lens wetting solution with 'benzethonium chloride (a disinfectant)', in it. Not sure that is the correct spelling....but never could spell

fqueenzebra Sun 17-Jul-05 21:57:35

Thanks, wheremysF -- I feel smugly cheeky about it, too.

Jimjams Sun 17-Jul-05 22:02:57

oh FGS MMDDWW I have spent years on mumsnet arguing about vaccinations. Most people (even the pro-jabbers) now respect my choice for my children in our circumstances even if its not what they would choose for their own. Which is all it comes down to- I make my choice, other people make theirs. This sort of post just damages, because its not reasoned argument it's sensationalist. Also although I wouldn't put a vaccine anywhere near ds2 or ds3(although tbh I'd love to find a tetanus one I was happy to give)I'm aware that if everyone made the same decision as me there could be a public health disaster. This sort of post doesn't address that. Even the dept of health downplaying the ris of thimersal (which they are doing) is done with public health issues in mind I'm sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now