Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chelation with Cilantro anyone tried it or other methods?

(9 Posts)
mamadadawahwah Sat 16-Jul-05 17:29:31

Thinking about the cilantro chelation method. Would be grateful if anyone has tried this. Maybe if other forms of chelation have been tried you could let me know.

Been reading up on chelation. If you have tried it, did you find your skin was "excreting" awful stuff? Did you smell?

fishfinger Sat 16-Jul-05 17:30:07

what is ti?

Jimjams Sat 16-Jul-05 19:58:11

ggod grief mmddww be careful before chelating- is can cause death! It is nasty stuff- and it reeks. Also research to date indicates that benefits are only seen whilst chelation is going on. and regression occurs as soon as it is stopped. My friends dd had chelation as she had severe lead poisoning- she had a direct dial emergency link to the hospital. It should not be done without proper medical supervision.

You could talk top someone like Mike Ash or another nutrilink practioner- they chelate using foods and supplements, but VERY cautiously and only after other much gentler biomedical interventions.

WideWebWitch Sat 16-Jul-05 20:01:48

I didn't know either ff and looked it up, Quackwatch think it's dangerous too

WideWebWitch Sat 16-Jul-05 20:02:46

Isn't Cilantro coriander or have I got that mixed up with sometihng else?

Jimjams Sat 16-Jul-05 20:07:14

ahh they do chelate with coriander. Much safer- but should still be done under the care of someone like nutrilink (they understand autism) following testing and very very carefully and slowly- they understand the risks. And they have a policy of starting with very simple, safe and cheap interventions before moving onto anything hideous like chelation.

WigWamBam Sat 16-Jul-05 20:10:39

This seems to suggest that some cilantro chelation methods just involve eating the coriander.

Jimjams Sat 16-Jul-05 20:21:59

have a look here and download the info for parents. He does not chelate until other issues have been treated otherwise you are much more likely to have adverse reactions. His approach to chelation is very cautious. And he has a very good understanding of the biochemistry of autism.

mamadadawahwah Sat 16-Jul-05 22:09:31

Thanks jim jams and everyone. Yes, I know its pretty radical, just gathering info. I know adults who have done it with cloryphill. Chelating my child would only be done under supervision of someone trained but it might be an option i will consider. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now