Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How is best to deal with a carpet burn so it doesn't scar?

(15 Posts)
swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 21:07:34

Following on from my other thread about ds.

He has been crawling on all fours but putting his forehead on the ground and going as fast as he can - especially when he's having a strop. I am trying my best to stop him doing it but he keeps doing it when i'm not in the room.

As a result he's now got a carpet burn on the bridge of his nose. It's been weeping since he first did it yesterday, but today it had a very thin scab and he's already managed to bang it and make it bleed.

What's the best thing to put on it? I've put some savlon on it but he keeps wiping it off. It's quite a nasty burn and i'm worried it scars.....

Any ideas?

serah Thu 14-Jul-05 21:30:03

Nightmare!! I have these tantrums to look forward to I am sure!

I have always used comfrey cream for healing skin - it takes the iritation out of it too. Works so long as there is little to no infection in it.

If you get to him quick enough, toothpaste will take the burn out of burns (minor ones, obviously). Its magic stuff!

helsi Thu 14-Jul-05 21:31:10

I wondered what this thread was about and was just about to post how I dealt with mine but themI realised you were talking about a child crawling so I'll keep quiet now!!!

swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 21:36:54

pmsl helsi - i knew someone would I've dealt with them before but not on such sensitive skin!!!

helsi Thu 14-Jul-05 21:40:26

yes its terrible trying to lay a new carpet yourself isn't it when you don't know what you're doing!!!

swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 21:48:37

exactly!

serah Thu 14-Jul-05 22:10:12

I have a vague sense of being set up.....

bugger.

swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 22:28:08

Honest - I'm deadly serious - it's a horrid burn on the bridge of his nose. Does the toothpaste need to be as soon as he did it? He did it yesterday but its still a bit weepy....

rickman Thu 14-Jul-05 22:34:28

Message withdrawn

swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 22:36:29

oh bless him! Have you put anything on it?

rickman Thu 14-Jul-05 22:38:25

Message withdrawn

swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 22:42:36

lol ds's was on a fluffy carpet - obviously more nylon than fluff!!!

serah Thu 14-Jul-05 22:47:11

I think toothpaste has to be almost immediate on (minor) burns for them to virtually disappear. If theres any burning feeling left in it (your DS will no doubt NOT be able to tell you!!) you can still try it.

Whats the worst that can happen? No nose decay and up to 24 hour protection???

swiperfox Thu 14-Jul-05 22:48:53

serah Thu 14-Jul-05 23:17:52

but for skin healing/no scarring in general, I always have some comfrey cream in stock. (Comes in handy for shag fests on the living room carpet )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now