Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

tummy troubles

(7 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Thu 14-Jul-05 20:00:33

dd has had a "poorly belly" on and off for over a week now. I haven't taken her to the docs or worried really because it's always better within hours. She was sick a few days ago and her poos are a bit loose, but there's none of that diarrhea smell, and it's not that loose.

But anyway its been going on for a while now so i thought I'd keep her on a bland diet for a few days. problem is, I need a reminder of what is in a bland diet. I'm thinking:

no fruit (at least no acidic fruit)
no dairy
no curries.

Is that right? And do i need to cut out all dairy? When she was in hospital, the nurses said that yoghurt was OK, but not milk (they said a lot of things though). also should I take her to the docs do you think?

Chandra Thu 14-Jul-05 20:09:12

Yoghurt makes DS vomit when he has a poorly stomach.

I would avoid fry ups as well.

katymac Thu 14-Jul-05 20:13:52

My Dh swears by apples (peeled and sliced for DD)
I like dry Toast

I'd avoid yoghurt - but she probably won't fancy it

SenoraPostrophe Fri 15-Jul-05 13:55:55

thanks you two.

not looking forward to denying her her usual yoghurt at tea time!

katymac Fri 15-Jul-05 21:57:46

How is she?
Did she want the yoghurt?

SenoraPostrophe Sat 16-Jul-05 09:42:32

well she says she's fine this morning. She did want a yoghurt, but seems to be finally at the age where she'll listen to reason.

katymac Sat 16-Jul-05 11:15:09

Good I'm glad she's better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now