Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I wake her?

(4 Posts)
jambot Thu 14-Jul-05 13:31:04

DD (4 and a half months) had a terrible night last night with the start of what seems a bad cold. She is pretty miserable and has slept quite a bit of the day today. (now 2:30) Worried she won't sleep tonight if I let her sleep too long today. She is normally a very good sleeper. Am loathe to wake her as she obviously needs the sleep but don't want another night like last night.

morningpaper Thu 14-Jul-05 13:33:52

I'd wake her

TracyK Thu 14-Jul-05 13:34:24

Maybe start making noises in her room and see if she stirs??
I'm sure she needs it though and will still sleep the same tonight if you stick to your bedtime routine. or maybe just put her down a little later.

PrettyCandles Thu 14-Jul-05 13:42:58

Wake her. Unless you're happy to accept whatever waking happens during the next night or more. I find that it's always best to try and stick to routine, the children seem far more settled that way. She can always have another brief nap later this afternoon if she needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now