Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

a bit worried about getting alanas vaccinations

(17 Posts)
starshaker Thu 14-Jul-05 09:30:13

i dont know why but im really scared about getting alanas jags. we have an appointment at 4 today and im paranoid something will go wrong.

i just keep thinking what if she has a bad reaction or becomes autistic (i know its silly) she is such a happy thing and if something went wrong id never forgive myself

Jimjams Thu 14-Jul-05 09:36:24

if you're going to get them done then you'll feel like this whenever so if she's well you may as well go ahead. If you seriously have concerns then postpone them until you've read everything you want to read.

I posponed ds2's several times before deciding not to have him done, and obviously cancelled ds3's from the start (they didn't even call me).

Ds1 is autistic - probably (in our opinion) triggered by mercury in the dtps (has been removed now), so I wouldn't say it was a silly fear. Funnily enough I didn't worry at all about him having the jabs.

starshaker Thu 14-Jul-05 09:49:14

think ill go along and ask what they think and make sure they tell me the risks the main prob is dp is determind she has to get them but its not him that has to take her make her cry then deal with it if something happens

Socci Thu 14-Jul-05 10:01:20

Message withdrawn

Angeliz Thu 14-Jul-05 10:04:59

starshaker, i'd secomd what the others have said. Take some time out till you are ready and don't be pressurised into it.
DD2 had her first ones at 4 months and i'm spacing them out more.
It's not silly at all, that's the most precious thing in your life, i think you'd be a bit strange not to worry!!!

popsycal Thu 14-Jul-05 10:06:12

i delayed ds2's first one until 12 weeks....after some off the record info tat our lovely HV ave us about the reasons they brought the 1st jab forward to 8 weeks

popsycal Thu 14-Jul-05 10:06:45

socci,,,mmy HV told me why

Angeliz Thu 14-Jul-05 10:07:33

what was that popsy?

popsycal Thu 14-Jul-05 10:29:18

she basically said (off the record nto to quote her etc...
that the reason they brought it forward is becasue the last of the 3 jabs...people were not turning up for appointments (baby older...nt coming to clinic as much....mums gone back to work) and they needed to ensure that the 3rd jab was done.....

so not medical....

highlander Thu 14-Jul-05 10:38:52

I didn't start DS's jabs until he was 4 months. I was (still am) BF so I felt very confident that he was covered through my antibodies. I would have left it until he was 6 months, but had to compromise with DH.

Starshaker - your HV will NOT tell you everything. She is paid to follow the party line and get your DD started at 8 weeks. I faced immense amounts of criticism and downright lies from my HV because I waited until 4 months.

Angeliz Thu 14-Jul-05 10:50:32

yes that's what i've read too popsy.

starshaker Thu 14-Jul-05 16:58:28

well just been to the clinic and guess what they said they couldnt do them. they need to phone alana doctor at the hospital and make sure its ok

ruty Thu 14-Jul-05 17:38:36

why did they say the couldn't do them starshaker? Is she ill? Usually they can't wait...

starshaker Fri 15-Jul-05 17:05:43

she had a couple of wee heart probs and they want to make sure its ok to give hem to her or whether they want to do it at the hosp after all her tests are done

ruty Fri 15-Jul-05 17:31:46

i'm glad they are being so careful.

aloha Fri 15-Jul-05 17:35:19

Didn't know she'd had heart problems. Glad they are being careful. didn't start dd's until she was 4months either. The number of people who seem to think this is shockingly dangerous is amazing. it's not like she's going to stand on a rusty nail or anything!

starshaker Fri 15-Jul-05 17:46:52

she has a heart murmur that they think has gone but also has something with her valveit should have 3 flaps and her has 2 or something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now