Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd3 has her appointment through for kidney and bladder scan but...

(9 Posts)
misdee Wed 13-Jul-05 19:19:54

she has to have a full bladder for it. PMSL. how am i going to stop a 6month old weeing eh!!.

dejags Wed 13-Jul-05 19:22:28

sorry Misdee, must have missed this one. Why is she having these scans (if you don't mind me asking?)

Best of luck anyway

misdee Wed 13-Jul-05 19:24:53

they are checking for signs of tuberous sclerosis as she was born with skin tags. apparently it can show up on kidney and bladder scans somehow. no idea why. not too bothered atm, as i have loads of skin tags, admittidly i wasnt born with them, but hey.

daisy1999 Wed 13-Jul-05 19:28:02

try a cork!!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 13-Jul-05 19:28:56

PMSL - excuse the pun! All i can suggest is a feed just before you go in!

misdee Wed 13-Jul-05 19:29:59

thats what iu thought. i imagien that this will be the 1st time she will pee on anyone.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 13-Jul-05 19:31:01

bless her.... 2 parcels and a card in the post to you today.... sorry ive been so awful at getting to the post office, but have realised why jess has been such a nightmare - 2 new teeth in the space of 4 days!

LIZS Wed 13-Jul-05 19:33:44

rofl dd had scans and xrays at 4 months following a UTI. Hopefully they will be flexible enough time wise that you can just snuck in a feed about 15 minutes beforehand an that will do the trick. Otherwise, if it is similar to dd's, they can feed a tube into her bladder and fill it that way as sometimes they need to put a dye in so that it shows up clearly on the scans, then they wait for her to wee and monitor where it flows.

misdee Wed 13-Jul-05 20:31:51

yikes at feedign a tube in. poor baby.

lets hope she can hold it in long enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now