Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Phobia of doctors and an appointment for myself in an hour or so..

(5 Posts)
lemonice Wed 13-Jul-05 15:10:08

I haven't seen a doctor etc for myself in over 5 years, only going now because I've been nagged into it. I have asked dp to take me because I'm too nervous to drive myself there. But I really really wish I wasn't going ...does anybody else avoid it?

charleepeters Wed 13-Jul-05 15:12:38

I avoid dr's but not becasue i have a phobia, mines a different reason all together - may i ask what you are affraid of is it getting bad news or the dr's themselves???

lemonice Wed 13-Jul-05 15:19:53

I don't overly trust them but on this occasion it is most likely a simple matter to diagnose and probably harmless, a cyst which I've had for years but has grown a lot recently.

charleepeters Wed 13-Jul-05 15:23:56

Oh hon i know thigs like lumps can be scary i had one diagnosed the other day it took me a week to get the guts to go, i have found dr's to be very understanding with this sort of thing as it is such a worry when you get one, if you dont trust what there saying get a second oppinion, its your right to know whats going on and to feel comfortable, is there not a lasy dr you can see, i find them much more sympathetic and understanding.

lemonice Wed 13-Jul-05 15:27:05

Thanks Charlee i know i'm being pathetic in the overall scheme of things. i don't know whether the doctor is a man or a woman as it's so long since i went that I've never heard of him/her!!!

I don't think it's anything serious as it's on my back, but probably needs cutting out before it takes over...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now