Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

oh no, cracked tooth -help!

(8 Posts)
dramaqueen72 Tue 12-Jul-05 22:48:44

omg, I cant believe this, early today i managed to hit myself in the face with a saucepan -duh!- was hanging it up on rack we have hanging from ceiling when it missed the hook and hit me in the face -on the front tooth to be exact
couldnt see any damage, aside from it hurting, so rinsed mouth with lots of cold water and left it at that.
now upon checking i can see a crack right across the front tooth corner
is it going to fall off?!!
We are currently 'between' dentist -us and most of the population of around here, desperate shortage of NHSdentists, but I know of one who does 'emergency non patients'. (and maybe we can get on his books too.
please I know it sounds really silly, but i'm terrified of dentists, and wanted to know if anyone knew how they could fix something like this! cant believe I did this! now scared tooth will fall in half over night or something too. help!

edam Tue 12-Jul-05 22:54:36

I broke a front tooth in half once - hoovering the stairs, would you believe! When I finally got hold of a dentist (mine wasn't available) they used cement to fix the two halves back together. Ended up with a crown, though, as apparently that sort of repair doesn't last forever.

Top tip if you ever actually knock a tooth out, or break off a whole chunk - put the lost tooth or broken bit in some milk. Preserves it so it can be re-attached.

Love the name, by the way - you could be me!

dramaqueen72 Tue 12-Jul-05 22:57:57

THANKYOU edam, -I am indeed often a bit ott hence name, but this time I am just plain scared, and embarrassed that i may look like a hill billy tomorrow too sure dentist will fix it -dh has given me credit card, i believe i have damaged that at the same time right?- but just wondering if a) i have to wait and go round with crakced or worse missing tooth -i'd die-
and b) how the heck they 'fix' things like this.
not to mention absolute dentist phobia as well.
eek.
now cant sleep!

essbee Tue 12-Jul-05 22:59:52

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Tue 12-Jul-05 23:00:03

awwwwwwwwww DQ i can empathis eon dentist phobia i hate them and reall should take ds to be checked but the idea of even going scares me

dramaqueen72 Tue 12-Jul-05 23:02:55

actuaally nemo thats me, whole famly between dentists because of me. think this one who may -HOPEFULLY- see me tomorrow is taking on new names in advance for new dentist joining or so I think i recall it saying in paper. absolutely terrified of them, stupidly.
but even more conceited that scared obviously because now i want this fix.

might take down stupid hanging rack now and burn it

jasper Tue 12-Jul-05 23:43:29

dramaqueen I am a dentist.
RULE 1 OF DENTISTRY. Don't diagnose without seeing the patient!

That aside you have probably got a hairline fracture of your tooth which is completely benign and requires no treatment.
HOPE YOUR DENTIST AGREES

dramaqueen72 Wed 13-Jul-05 08:18:33

oh jasper, its you I'm scared of then! tho you sound quite normal here why do we find you so scary?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now