Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is biting me????

(10 Posts)
twirlaround Tue 12-Jul-05 17:16:18

For 3 weeks I have been getting loads of little red, sore, itchy bites all over my body - not face though. DP and DD have no bites at all. What is going on?

Any ideas?

whymummy Tue 12-Jul-05 17:23:37

i'm the same but mine are all on my face and neck,got one on my forehead today,hope they leave the tip of my nose alone,i don't know what they are,mosquitos probably,lots here as we live near the river,they seem to like me nobody else in the house has any bites

trefusis Tue 12-Jul-05 17:36:26

Message withdrawn

twirlaround Tue 12-Jul-05 17:39:53

Small clusters of bites, no cat & haven't been outside much - warm weather is definitely making it happen more!

Surely if it was some infestation in our bed dp would be bitten too, and if it's mosquitos wouldn't I see them?

FIMAC1 Tue 12-Jul-05 18:31:53

Heat rash?

Dd gets the same - cool baths, baby talc afterwards, and we find a dose of anti-histimine helps

spacedonkey Tue 12-Jul-05 18:36:46

I was horribly attacked by bed bugs last year, yet DP was completely unscathed. Very itchy mozzie-like bites all over the body. Antihistamines helped and lavender oil was an effective deterrent until rentokil came in [shudder]

tell tale signs iirc are smears of blood on bedlinen and/or walls (they live in nooks and crannies eg skirting boards)

twirlaround Tue 12-Jul-05 18:55:54

Have just taken anti-histamine. Will look out for smears of bed bugs AAARGGHHH - how would they suddenly get into my house though?

spacedonkey Tue 12-Jul-05 18:57:41

tbh i'm sure bed bugs are unlikely - i would've thought other members of your family would have bites too. Plus i don't think they are very common - dp is in a part of london that is afflicted badly by bugs of all kinds!

fqueenzebra Tue 12-Jul-05 19:20:58

I am getting bitten by something mysterious, too. Just very small odd bites here & there but very itchy & take forever to go away.

I know it's not fleas (I am allergic to them). Probably not midges either, I don't react to mosquito bites, and I doubt it's bedbugs... so really don't know either!! Some small garden insect, maybe, was cutting grass on my hands & knees last weekend.

twirlaround Wed 13-Jul-05 19:09:00

I now think mine is mites from the doves who just brought up 2 babies in her nest in my window box and has flown away - leaving her mites seeking another host!!! Yukkk!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now