Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sunstroke

(5 Posts)
PeachyClair Tue 12-Jul-05 16:16:48

Anyone kow the symptoms for sunstroke? DS1 (5 years old) had to take part in school fun run today (three times round the field), and now is hot, appears dehydrated and very tearful / upset.

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 16:18:21

when i had it i had it bad so dont know mild syptoms but i was, vomiting, dlerious, feverish, flushed, weak and very dehydrated but like i say i had it really bad as a child

emeraldefmach Tue 12-Jul-05 17:34:45

PeachyClair, your poor little one. Make sure she rests, keep her cool and has a steady intake of fluids. Give her some lucazade and toast to replenish those salts and sugars her body needs. Hopefully over the next few hours she will perk up

PeachyClair Thu 14-Jul-05 12:13:22

Just an update to say DS OK. Nearly ended up in hospital but finally managed to get fluid in ans ldy on helpline about to despatch ambulance. Hope it cools a little soon!

miggymum Thu 14-Jul-05 13:26:45

My DD had her sports day yesterday too, talk about the WORST DAY to have a sports day, although not school's fault as it has been planned for months!!! I suppose its better than howling down with rain!!! I was worried about her getting sunstroke but she seemed fine!!!

We like the summer but worry about our kids getting sunstroke and the winter is time for colds!!!!

Kids eh, not one day goes by when you don't worry about something!!!!! In my case anyhow!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now