Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD (4) has to go into hospital to get her breathing monitored for 24hrs

(6 Posts)
Aimsmum Tue 12-Jul-05 14:11:06

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Tue 12-Jul-05 15:42:17

Message withdrawn

slug Wed 13-Jul-05 14:42:23

My sympathies. The sluglet had her breathing monitored for 24 hours when she was 6 weeks old. It involved lying on a mat which picked up her breath patterns and shrieked every time she rolled off. I don't know what they'll do for an older child.

Aimsmum Wed 13-Jul-05 14:56:32

Message withdrawn

slug Thu 14-Jul-05 10:02:17

That sopunds like it. The problem was she kept on wriggling off the damn thing. She had breathing difficulties when she was born and spent a week in SCBU. Then at 6 weeks she stopped breathing and we had the heart in mouth ambulance ride to the hospital, by which time she was smiling and cooing at the doctors as they jabbed her. After that she was admitted for breathing monitoring, but it was inconclusive.

If it's any consolation she's totally fine now, as is my nephew who spent his first 10 months being wired up to breathing monitors after he was born.

Aimsmum Thu 14-Jul-05 11:50:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now