Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wartner for veruccas - has anyone used it?

(23 Posts)
Aero Tue 12-Jul-05 13:37:42

And is it any good and more importantly, does it hurt. Ds1 has a huge verucca and we keep forgetting to put the bazuka gel on every night, so it's taking forever for it to go. Keep seeing Wartner advertised, but I'm worried that it could be painful for him and if so then I'd rather persist with the current treatment.

fastasleep Tue 12-Jul-05 13:38:50

I have 2 warts on my fingers (oh the utter utter shame) damn that swimming pool!!! And I have wartner in the bathroom and I haven't even dared use it ...so yes will it hurt? Does it really matter if you're pregnant?

Sorry to add to the original question!

Bramshott Tue 12-Jul-05 13:47:00

I've used Salactol (ask the pharmacist - never seen it advertised, but it really does work). A bit painful, but not too bad. I was told not to use it when I was pregnant though.

assumedname Tue 12-Jul-05 13:51:31

Yes, it works and yes it is painful.

A better way (for us) was to use some tape (sorry, can't remember name) to put over verruccas until they're gone. It works by keeping the verrucca very soft and then it just drops out.

Got it from a chiropodist but I imagine you can buy the same or similar from a chemist.

fastasleep Tue 12-Jul-05 13:53:09

Poo, can i put the tape on the warts? I'm beginning to get phobic about touching people

assumedname Tue 12-Jul-05 13:57:03

Don't see why not - they're just verruccas by another name and it might make you feel better about touching someone.

Carla Tue 12-Jul-05 14:04:08

Aero, couldn't you keep the Bazooka near his bath time stuff, to act as a trigger to remind you? I know it's stating the obvious and you've probably already thought of that, but Bazooka only took about a week and a half to make dd1s verucca disappear. Peeled off in a huge lump.

Very satisfying.

Aero Tue 12-Jul-05 14:38:39

Good tip Carla - it's only because I'm dealing with the other younger two that I forget as ds1 can pretty much fend for himself! He often reminds me after he's gone to bed, which gets up my nose as I've usually just sat down, but if he forgets, I usually do too!
Don't think I'll go for the Wartner then though.

swiperfox Tue 12-Jul-05 14:42:44

Do you know that the best way to get rid of a verucca is to put a banana skin on it?

If you tie it onto your foot with the inside of the banana skin against the verucca, it draws it out and gets rid.

Honestly!! The nurse at my mum's work told her to do it with my sister - my mum thought it was a joke but tried it and it worked!!

Aero Tue 12-Jul-05 14:44:47

Not sure I could bear the smell swiper, but will bear it in mind if things get desperate. How long are you meant to keep it attached for, or is a new skin each day?

swiperfox Tue 12-Jul-05 14:47:41

I think she made my sister wear it overnight... i will ask her

Do you not like the smell of bananas??

Aero Tue 12-Jul-05 14:49:31

Not if they're too ripe and I imagine the skin would be smelly if hanging around for a long time after the banana's been eaten

fastasleep Tue 12-Jul-05 15:07:40

I might go to bed tonight with a banana skin attached to my fingers... lol!

swiperfox Tue 12-Jul-05 15:23:36

ok Mum says you cut a piece of banana skin to fit over the verucca, hold it on with a plaster and put a sock on and wear overnight. Takes a while but will go black and die

Blackduck Tue 12-Jul-05 15:36:37

Wartner hurts - used it on a corn...actually wasn't that impressed. Don't know if they work on veruccas but best stuff I've ever used in compeed. Sure you can't used wartner if pregnant...

FIMAC1 Tue 12-Jul-05 16:10:59

Yes it does hurt - it freezes the skin similar to treatment from Podologist (sp) but we were similiarly forgetting to do the nightly Bazooka treatment - worked v fast on ds - a couple of treatments - dd took longer (5 treatments) and they hated it - very painful

Also have heard that the Banana skin method really does work! Which I will try if we get a case again

QueenEagle Tue 12-Jul-05 16:14:14

I am currently having freezing treatment at the hospital for my huge verrucas on two toes. The nurse last week advised against wartner as it's rubbish, and recommended bazooka in between treatments.

If they are that big and troublesome, he can have them frozen. It's quite painful for a day after and can take a couple of sessions. My dd had them but they eventually went on their own after about 3 years.

Aero Tue 12-Jul-05 23:44:34

so is the banana thing a nightly treatment too then? Clearly he can't go to school with a banana skin attached to his foot! lol

swiperfox Wed 13-Jul-05 09:09:53

lol yep you just wear it overnight and the plaster and sock should keep it in place

Aero Wed 13-Jul-05 17:09:59

Sorry swiper - I wasn't being clear - I meant is it a treatment for more than one night, ie tonight, tomorrow night, Friday night etc, or is it meant to disappear after only one night's treatment? Ds1 is mildly interested in the idea!

swiperfox Wed 13-Jul-05 17:14:38

ah ok sorry!! Mum says every night for up to 2 weeks and it'll be gone

Aero Wed 13-Jul-05 17:53:33

I'm going to end up calling him banana feet! Think I'm going to try it - see if I can bear the smell! Cheers Swiper.

swiperfox Wed 13-Jul-05 17:55:42

lol no worries

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now