Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IN PAIN - HELP!!

(9 Posts)
blossom2 Tue 12-Jul-05 07:18:33

Hoping that someone can help me with this one.

My feet & ankles are severly swollen. I gave birth 4 days ago. It hurts to walk and are as hard as stone. Has anyone else had this?? what is it and what i can do?? i can't even walk to the doctors.

WideWebWitch Tue 12-Jul-05 07:23:52

Call them and get them to get someone to come out. Make sure they know you CANNOT walk there and that you gave birth recently, someone will come out I'm sure. No idea what it could be, sorry.

basketcase Tue 12-Jul-05 07:24:28

I have no idea - sorry, Hope someone helps soon. Could be the heat and water retention but think you should speak to someone today - maybe mw/hv team - whoever is managing your care. They could well recommend a GP home visit or some home treatment.
My feet and ankles swelled so badly the week before birth that I couldn’t wear shoes with DD2 - lasted for a few days after birth - don’t know if that is the same or not. Sorry. They didn’t give me any medication just told me to do gentle feet circles to get circulation going and to take it easy, not much help though.

basketcase Tue 12-Jul-05 07:24:55

sorry - crossed posts - agree with www

LIZS Tue 12-Jul-05 08:56:31

Mine did this first time around in the days afterwards and in the latter weeks of pg second time. Try to keep moving, difficult though it may be, as inertia will only make it worse and do the foot circles mentioned by basketcase when you are sitting or lying, plus drink lots of water to try to flush it through. Do mention it to your mw at her next visit too.

FIMAC1 Tue 12-Jul-05 12:59:14

Did you get any high blood pressure in pg? This is one of the symptoms I had with my hbp but it started to go after delivery - agree you must insist to see your GP and as them to come out - mine came to my home whilst I was off with very high bp in pg

Good luck

lucy5 Tue 12-Jul-05 13:01:49

I had a lot of swelling after birth of dd I also had high blood pressure. I'd call doc and get them to come to the house.

PeachyClair Tue 12-Jul-05 13:27:05

Get a check NOW. rare, but post natal Pre-Eclampsia DOES EXIST and swelling is a symptom. Phone them

FIMAC1 Tue 12-Jul-05 15:39:36

Blossom2

Would agree with PeachyClair in that post birth Pre-Eclampsia is rare, but can happen - get an appointment asap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now