Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a lump on my arm

(9 Posts)
kid Mon 11-Jul-05 21:09:41

Its really small, about the size of a pea. You can't see but it can be felt. I don't recall every having a needle in that arm, although I could be wrong. Its near to my shoulder but there isn't a lump on the other arm.

Is it something worth bothering the Dr about or am I just being a complete wimp? It makes me cringe when I touch it. I know I'l probably be told not to touch it then but I worry about any lump.

charleepeters Mon 11-Jul-05 21:12:29

Lumps and bumps are always worth getting checked im sure your dr would rather ave a quick feel than have you worrying - probably a cist or something harmless.

QZebra Mon 11-Jul-05 21:12:34

If it will worry you that's good enough, think you should go ask the GP.
I have a pea-sized lump in my leg, it has been there for years, and seems to go up & down in size (a little). I haven't seen a doctor, but then, it doesn't worry me.

KBear Mon 11-Jul-05 21:13:09

I think it would make sense to get it checked out anyway if you are worried. Why not?

Marina Mon 11-Jul-05 21:21:01

Do go and get it checked kid. It is very unlikely to be anything other than a cyst, as charleepeters says, but it's best to be sure.
Is it worry or pain that makes you cringe when you touch it?

kid Mon 11-Jul-05 21:29:18

the worry makes me cringe or just the feel of it. There is no pain at all when I touch it but I am a baby and hate anything medical!
It usually takes me months to get round to making an appointment.

Miaou Mon 11-Jul-05 21:45:04

QZebra, I've got a pea-sized lump in my leg too, just behind the knee joint at one side! I've had it for about 20 years IIRC - it's hard and has never changed size, so I have just left it.

Kid, I would ask the GP about it if you are concerned - that in itself is a good enough reason for going.

Is it on the outside of your arm? Might it be where you originally had your TB jab?

Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 21:46:03

sounds like a sebaceous cyst to me, but go get it checked

kid Mon 11-Jul-05 21:52:26

Tb is on the other arm. I'm sure it disappears sometimes, I can spend ages feeling for it but can't find it so think it has gone.
Then a few days later I might touch my arm and its there without trying to find it.

Thanks for your advice everyone, I will make an appt to see Dr and I won't feel like I am wasting their time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now