Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd2 has temp of 39.4

(16 Posts)
misdee Mon 11-Jul-05 20:48:35

didnt think she was well earlier. she just woke up burning hot. have given her medised and a fan in the room. she sais she felt sick before bed as well.

Hulababy Mon 11-Jul-05 20:51:38

DD is the same misdee. Her temp is just under 39, but was rising slightly each time. She has been really out of sorts today and sleeping lots. Just not right. I have put her to bed in just pants, but her room is very hot. If she wakes again I will give her calpol or nurofen I think.

tillykins Mon 11-Jul-05 20:52:55

oh dear! Is she having plenty of fluids misdee? Or if she doesn't want to drink, something like icepops or icelollies

misdee Mon 11-Jul-05 20:55:19

she si drinking a fair bit, not requesting drinks every five minutes like usual. but is taking in fluids. he just seemed rather quiet this evening, and choked on her dinner earlier and was a bit sick. poor love, se is like a hot water bottle. hope it doesnt last long.

QZebra Mon 11-Jul-05 20:59:25

My dd had something like this over the weekend, suddenly very very hot (don't have a reliable thermonitor, I just go with "Boy, is she hot and bothered!" impressions.) I stripped her down and she cooled down without resorting to meds, hopefully will be quick for your DD, too, misdee.

fishfinger Mon 11-Jul-05 21:00:32

I posted this about ds3
he had tonilitsu
I have never had this wiht the dsses before so it all new to me

misdee Mon 11-Jul-05 21:05:50

she doesnt have any other symptoms of the dreaded tonsilitus atm, dd1 usually gets it bad.

QZebra Mon 11-Jul-05 21:07:17

with us it's always worry that dd has a UTI, but this time she is fine about weeing (thank goodness) -- just a bit wiped. DS2 & I seem to have a variation on the same bad cold....

HappyMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-05 21:19:49

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 11-Jul-05 21:21:19

jess was up like that the other night, soon settled down. Was a bit grizzly the following day, but not overly warm. You have done the right thing, just keep an eye xxx

misdee Mon 11-Jul-05 21:22:06

just hope its not too infectious as i was at the hospital tis morning.

kid Mon 11-Jul-05 21:24:42

Hope she is feeling better soon misdee.

(HappyMumof2 - I have a feeling I know you! )

HappyMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-05 21:27:31

Message withdrawn

kid Mon 11-Jul-05 21:30:19

hehe, yep!
Did you ask 'K' if he was with that mum today?

(sorry for thread hijack Misdee)

HappyMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-05 21:32:16

Message withdrawn

misdee Tue 12-Jul-05 09:14:54

temp is still up. she doesnt seem very ill but the temp is bothering me. it doesnt seem to go down with medised. will have to see if ihave some nurofen in the cupboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now