Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cough and medised

(5 Posts)
bagpussmice Mon 11-Jul-05 13:30:43

dd2 (21mths) has a terrible cough which is worse lying down - so at night the only thing that helps her settle is medised. I have given her a v. small dose (betw. 2.5 and 5 mil) for 2 x nights now and it seems to work well in surpressing the cough a bit so she can sleep. How many nights can I keep doing this do you think??
I haven't used it during the day for her naps - although today she coughed thru' most of her 1.5 hours sleep - poor thing

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 11-Jul-05 13:31:23

until its cleared.... but if it continues more than 4/5 days would get checked at docs in case of chest infection

HappyMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-05 13:48:15

Message withdrawn

bagpussmice Mon 11-Jul-05 13:49:43

the last time she had a cough like this it went on for weeks, in fact took her to the Docs 3 times to check it wasn't a chest infection (it wasn't).... obviously can't give medised for weeks on end (sadly!)

HappyMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-05 13:52:18

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now