Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

RED RASH-HELP?

(13 Posts)
toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 08:42:34

HI DS has woken up with a red-rash patch on his side- he is 6months. it is blanching- so not worried about men and he seems fine in himself but wondering what it could be- he had his first bit of cows milk in cooking last night- though has been eating fromage frais- any ideas?

Fran1 Sun 10-Jul-05 08:59:47

Heat rash?

If hes been ill recently it could be a viral rash.

Or as you say it could be a reaction to the cows milk. Avoid it until the rash has gone, and then try again and see if the rash comes back.

toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:01:40

hm- yeah, thanks- will do. rashes are worrying arent they! dh has a viral infection and is ill but ds seems fine- but itcould be- good thought. theres nothing u can do about that is there?

Fran1 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:04:47

No except take him to the docs if you notice any other symptoms or the rash not going away.

Hope hes ok.

toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:06:30

will keep a very close eye thanks

Lonelymum Sun 10-Jul-05 09:08:16

If it is down one side but not the other, it sounds like a local reaction to something, eg maybe a heat/sweat rash if he was lying on that side last night. A viral rash tends to spread more evenly over the body.

However, don't rely on anything I say! Watch him and the rash closely today and ring the doctor if you are at all worried.

Did he eat anything else that was new yesterday?

toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:12:46

- ah he sleeps on the side it is on- could be heat rash, he does react quickly to heat. he also had homemade parsley sauce yesterday- cows milk, cornflour, parsley- all new

HappyMumof2 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:13:00

Message withdrawn

toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:15:10

thanks- 4 weeks! my dh is in his 3rd week of it- so it could be that, hard to know which, but i will keep an eye on ds generally to make sure he is ok otherwise. thanks

HappyMumof2 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:16:44

Message withdrawn

toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:18:15

he is totally fed up , he has back probs too which are flaring because of it. he is also maent to looking after ds 2morrow when i return to work- so thats really frustrating

HappyMumof2 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:19:04

Message withdrawn

toria77 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:19:48

thanks u too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: