Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Tingly lips

(16 Posts)
Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 21:36:15

Does anyone else get tingly lips from time to time like me? It feels like I have been eating chili but I haven't! I think I must have a mild reaction to something I have eaten, but I can't think of anything I have eaten today that would have this affect. This happens to me every now and again. I cna't work out what is the trigger. Does anyone else get this and what causes it?

WigWamBam Sat 09-Jul-05 21:41:58

I sometimes get tingly lips when I'm stressed out or nervous - could it be something like that?

Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 21:44:59

No more stressed out than usual!

It feels just like I have eaten chili - they only tingle when I run my tongue over them. Do you know what I mean?

spidermama Sat 09-Jul-05 21:47:28

Are you prone to ulcers, or thrushy type inflamation?

DelGirl Sat 09-Jul-05 21:47:49

Have you eaten shell fish?

Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 21:48:17

I think the sensation is slightly on my tongue too. I am sure I must have eaten something that sets it off but I haven't eaten anything unusual today.

Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 21:51:00

No to both your questions Spidermama.

And no to you too Delgirl.

I did eat some shop bought quiches today which perhaps I do not usually eat, but they did not have any funny ingredients in them. I suppose I should write down what I have eaten today and then wait for the next time this happens and see if there are any foods in common.

TBH though, I suspect that if it is something I have eaten, it would be some E number or something undetectable, rather than a particular food.

DelGirl Sat 09-Jul-05 21:52:25

How abouyt oraonges or tomatoes. Dont worry, not going to go through a whole list of foods, just that those spring to mind. New make up?

DelGirl Sat 09-Jul-05 21:52:55

sorry bout typos. must put the ligjht on

Janh Sat 09-Jul-05 21:54:55

They're not bright red with dried-out edges are they? I get that sometimes. (Don't know why though so dunno why I mentioned it really )

Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 21:55:22

No to either of those and ....... .......I am an odd girl.......... {whispers} I don't wear make up!

Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 21:56:53

No Janh, they look normal.

spidermama Sat 09-Jul-05 21:57:26

The skin is a membrane and your immune system uses it to discharge things it doesn't like. It's particularly thin in the mouth so a good dumping ground. I think it's a good idea to write stuff down and see if you can find a pattern. My daughter gets this. I'll do the same.

DelGirl Sat 09-Jul-05 21:58:19

<<whispers>> you;re not alone, neither do I, much!

Janh Sat 09-Jul-05 22:04:35

neither do I, at all!!!

hahaha!!!

Lonelymum Sat 09-Jul-05 22:05:07

Just made a list and will keep it for next time.

But to be honest, the only things on the list that I don't eat almost every day of the week are 2 Tesco quiches: a summer veg one and a salmon and broccoli one. I have eaten them before but not very often.

Also, I opened a new pot of strawberry jam at tea time which I made last year and there was a small amount of mould on top which I spooned off. But a tiny bit could have been left and I suppose a tiny bit of mould might do this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: