Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

skin tag......what to do??????

(17 Posts)
Nemo1977 Sat 09-Jul-05 20:37:20

hi
i have a skin tag under my right arm..been there for years etc but over the past couple of months i keep catching it with the razor when i shave and it bleeds. I remember when my sister had a skin tag by her ear as a baby the dr put cotton thread around it so it would fall off....i know you are not medical people as such but just wondered if the same would apply to this one or because it has a blood supply of some sort i would have to get it frozen off by the dr?

fishfinger Sat 09-Jul-05 20:38:17

I had one frozen off - no- burnt off years ago
I too haev one int eh same place
w onder why that is

misdee Sat 09-Jul-05 20:38:58

you can get them frozan or you cxan do the string thing the doc did. my dad tied string round one of his to stop the blood supply, my mum had her frozens. she said it hurt.

gigglinggoblin Sat 09-Jul-05 20:41:30

have a bottle odf whisky and get the scissors out (sorry ive been drinking hehehehe)

Nemo1977 Sat 09-Jul-05 20:44:48

ggg arghhhhhhhhhhh to the scissors...i wouldnt be able to..lol

would the dr freeze it off if i am pg [am 17wks]

misdee did ur dads just drop off?

fishfinger Sat 09-Jul-05 20:45:14

yes it was nothing the burning
as littel sizzle int he sirgery nad htat was it

misdee Sat 09-Jul-05 20:45:52

yes, my dadds just dropped off after a while.

HappyMumof2 Sat 09-Jul-05 20:46:50

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Sat 09-Jul-05 20:47:21

i think being a wimp i will try the cotton..lol

Plus think they will refuse while i am pregnant

fishfinger Sat 09-Jul-05 20:50:56

noway
ti really it huirts less than a jab well it didnt hurt at all they put a local anaesthetic cream on I htnk

c ant see why being pg will affect upper torso

rickman Sat 09-Jul-05 21:28:02

Message withdrawn

justmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 22:18:36

Hi, I too had one in my armpit for years. Does make shaving difficult and i kept nicking it with razor.

I did the cotton thing - tied a piece tight around the base and it died and fell off.

It was a little sore for a short while before it came off but didn't take long at all - only a few days i think.

Linnet Sat 09-Jul-05 23:06:33

My dd had a skin tag on her upper lip when she was little and they put liquid nitrogen on it and it fell off.

she also has one under her right arm, how strange that this seems to be a common thing. It doesn't bother her, she's only 7 so not shaving at the moment lol, maybe in a few years she'll want it removed for comestic reasons.

Nemo1977 Sat 09-Jul-05 23:09:05

im not bothered by the tag as such just seems everytime i have shaved in past few months i have sliced it which blooming hurts..then of course there is the blood

SofiaAmes Sun 10-Jul-05 03:09:15

Your gp should be able to cut it off for you. I had mine done by gp a few years ago.

jabberwocky Sun 10-Jul-05 04:17:25

We've done the string thing. Just remember to swab it with alcohol from time to time. Worked beautifully.

Millie1 Sun 10-Jul-05 11:26:53

I've got them under my arm ..... re the shaving .... use Veet - it's great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now