Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP!!! Want a cigarette....!!!! HELP

(25 Posts)
hanginginthere Wed 06-Jul-05 21:13:48

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!!
Day 10 and have been feeling shite all day. I just can't stop thinking about having a cigarette today, I am SO miserable
When will it stop?
HELP PLEASE

helsi Wed 06-Jul-05 21:15:15

You do not want one!!!

Your do not want on!!!

it will stop I promise.

Not sure if it will help you but I pretended to smoke when I had the craving. I use anything - a pen a bottle cork etc. I just sat and "puffed on it for 5 minutes or so.

helsi Wed 06-Jul-05 21:16:04

Please try not to have one. you are doing so well 10 days is fantastic. You have less to do than you have done before the strong cravings pass. Don't spoil it now. be strong.

ScrewballMuppet Wed 06-Jul-05 21:21:27

Its not the ciggarette yo want but the nicotine.....10 days your doing fantastic!!! you should be so proud with yourself and you proved that you can survive a dy without one and if you can survive a full day without one then you can survive any day without one.
Reccommend you take up an activity such as kickboxing or running or even just throwing cushions round room till your knackered.

Well done you

hanginginthere Wed 06-Jul-05 21:24:18

thanks
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
SCREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

I can just about survive the cravings, its this feeling of misery, like I will never be happy again cos I'm not smoking, whats that all about?!

Did anyone else grind their teeth or is that just me?

llamaduck Wed 06-Jul-05 21:34:30

Wow - you sound just like i felt last year.. trust me it gets ALO better and easier.. now i cant believe that i so so desperately wanted just that one! hang in there xx

llamaduck Wed 06-Jul-05 21:37:29

Thought i woudl tell you this funny bit about it all. I hadnt fully decided i was giving up but voiced that i might so.. dp tells ds that mummy has stopped smoking (ds then 4) was like I am so proud with dp echoing his little voice.. grr I just wanted a smoke and couldnt. THen at bedtime when he is asleep temptation snuck in along with huge guilt trip from dp. I was so adament that he was wrong and I should wean myself rather than cold turkey that i called nhs stop smoking line (secretly hoping that they would condone me just having one) she bascailly laughed at me and i was in ters and she just supported dp.. so after all that (strops and all) i am still an ex-smoker you can do it!!

ScrewballMuppet Wed 06-Jul-05 21:38:58

Not just you! grinded my teeth soo much I was like a tightly wound spring ready to attack someone or something that got in my way!

Remember the reasons why you've packed in ciggarettes everytime you want one and if a part of you says sod it...don't trust it! You've gone ten days without one whatever your reasons they are strong enough to of helped you through so trust them and don't trust that little voice that says 'sod it' or 'thats it I'm going to have one'. If that makes sense.

fishfinger Wed 06-Jul-05 21:40:19

er dont hvew one
I cnt stand the smlel of smokers
you dont want to smell kiek a tramp do you

fishfinger Wed 06-Jul-05 21:40:45

have one and YOULL never give up

hanginginthere Wed 06-Jul-05 21:43:43

fishfinger - I have spent today actively trying to sniff tramps...
Am I not supposed to be hating the smell now? I try and inhale when I walk past smokers! I could snatch the blasted things out of someones hand!
Aren't I supposed to be full of energy yet?

Whinge whine whinge

Did just have a bop round the living room singing along to Shania Twain!!!

Nicotine has taken my mind!

fishfinger Thu 07-Jul-05 14:37:24

no you are aiming to find the stale smell - like the one some haridressers have ont heir fingers
It aint nice

beansprout Thu 07-Jul-05 14:40:00

Hanging - but hey, you don't smoke any more!! And you have more money, smell better, your health is a million times better and what's more, you won't have to worry about having to smoke outside in the street like a sad person when they ban in it public places!!

hanginginthere Fri 08-Jul-05 13:55:11

Day 12... Made it so far!
Wednesday night was the worst EVER, I felt awful
But that seems to have passed, I just feel miserable now! I had to force myself out of bed this morning and make myself do things
Everything seems so hard to do, without being able to have a cigarette whilst I am doing it
Is this normal? Will it pass soon? I should be jumping for joy, not miserable

fishfinger Fri 08-Jul-05 13:59:45

yes oyu old tinky
dont do it or ill whack you
youll never give up if oyu giev in

think ofhte arsenic thye put in it

fishfinger Fri 08-Jul-05 14:00:08

"stinky"

or non stinky really

fishfinger Fri 08-Jul-05 14:00:25

i cnat stand next to smokers
they honk

mummylonglegs Fri 08-Jul-05 14:11:15

Message deleted

hanginginthere Fri 08-Jul-05 14:11:20

thanks for the support there fishfinger...
I think

hanginginthere Fri 08-Jul-05 14:11:53

Is that okay MLL? Didn't want to barge in again!

fishfinger Fri 08-Jul-05 14:20:56

I am horrifying you into not wanting one

its a modern approach (!)

hanginginthere Fri 08-Jul-05 14:24:17

LOL!!
Do they really put arsenic in? Why? And if so, why aren't I dead?
And I'm sure I didn't smell! I never smelled of smoke, though I have whiffed the odd person who did

fishfinger Fri 08-Jul-05 14:50:39

they do I think in minute ammounts

fishfinger Fri 08-Jul-05 14:52:05

read this

hanginginthere Fri 08-Jul-05 18:14:34

Its quite terrifying - and baffling, how can they fit so many things in?!
And chocolate???!!! Cigarettes have chocolate in them????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now