Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Binge Eating Disorder

(4 Posts)
Shout Wed 06-Jul-05 11:22:34

I have just finished several months of counselling for Binge Eating Disorder.I've just completed my first week without any formal support and I am really pleased with my progress,although it hasn't been easy.

Is there anyone else out there battling with an eating disorder?

charleepeters Wed 06-Jul-05 11:32:34

Im not but i just want to say well done and i hope you keep on going

Arabica Wed 06-Jul-05 11:37:07

Good luck Shout! I think recovery really depends on when the behaviour began and how much support you have in RL for the issues that caused you to develop an eating disorder in the first place.

I was bulimic for about 13 years (from age 8) and because my eating disorder began at such an early age, have had to accept my eating will never be truly 'normal'. I started with therapy supplied by the eating disorders unit at a local hospital but I found I needed more support and have been in psychotherapy for several years. Am glad to say that now I rarely binge, and although I would like to shed a stone, am no longer preoccupied with food and eating--have even stopped going to the slimming club because I feel confident enough to control my own eating. HTH.

teeavee Wed 06-Jul-05 12:02:41

I want to wish you all the best, Shout - keep working at it, and congrats for getting this far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now