Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OUCH

(10 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 05-Jul-05 08:37:39

Turned over in bed this morning to greet ds and felt a ripping sensation in my neck.
I now can't move my head at all with out it being extremely painful.

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 05-Jul-05 08:40:59

Double ouch..............

nutcracker Tue 05-Jul-05 08:42:24

Anyone know if it's better to take painkillers or use that heat rub stuff ???

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 05-Jul-05 08:43:54

Personally I would go for a warm bath and then some pain killers.

That heat rub stuff, could clear a room in less than 10 seconds.

LIZS Tue 05-Jul-05 08:53:13

Take some nurofen/ibruprofen, which you can also get in a clear, odourless gel !

oldbuzzard Tue 05-Jul-05 09:32:43

Hold a hot water bottle to area for 10 mins and then some ice wrapped in a tea towel for 10mins and keep alternating, this reduces swelling in muscles. Ibuprofen 400mg are good.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 05-Jul-05 09:47:44

A GP was explaining to me the other day that they don't think the gel works ... but it certainly does no harm. I'd take maxdose of iboprofen, and do the hot/cold thing.

Rest your neck (and shoulders) as much as you can. And consider physio if it doesn't fix itself in the next day, or getting a scrip for a more serious anti-inflammatory (diclofenac aka voltrol is good).

nutcracker Tue 05-Jul-05 09:58:24

Thanks , have taken some pain killers and it has eased off a bit now.

nutcracker Tue 05-Jul-05 20:40:54

Argh am still in agony. Keep thinking it's ok and move and it hurts like hell.

Mind you it did get me out of bathing the kids and putting them to bed so it's not all bad

NotQuiteCockney Wed 06-Jul-05 09:29:00

How is it this morning, nutcracker?

(I've had very good experience with physios for this, and with serious anti-inflammatories. Also, with exercises, pilates, and a special pillow.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now