Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd ill again

(19 Posts)
lilaclotus Mon 04-Jul-05 11:28:21

dd (4) woke up this morning with a 39C fever. last week she had a fever and felt nauseous. two weeks ago she had the same for a few days. about a month ago she was vomiting. i am getting quite fed up of it. she loses her appetite for nearly a week every time she feels nauseous or is sick and then she seems to get it all over again. i'm wondering if these are just bugs she picks up at nursery or if it could be anything else.

kid Mon 04-Jul-05 11:31:12

I find my kids go through phases of being constantly ill. Have you taken her to the Dr's?

lilaclotus Mon 04-Jul-05 11:33:46

no, i haven't. it usually happens at the weekend and then she's better by monday...

kid Mon 04-Jul-05 11:35:58

My kids often get ill on a Friday, I usually get them seen by a Dr on a Friday afternoon. Hope she is feeling better soon or that you can get her an appt today.

My DS might need a visit to the Dr soon. He had temperature on thursday, was sick on friday and woke up with a barking cough this morning. He has also gone back to bed already!

lilaclotus Mon 04-Jul-05 11:39:35

i managed to get the fever down for now and she's eating ok, which is a big relief. hopefully it'll be gone by tonight. if i didn't have proof of her actually having a fever i would suspect she's putting it on as she gets pampered when she's ill
i hope you ds will feel better soon.

kid Mon 04-Jul-05 11:40:46

thanks. I like it when he has an early nap. Early nap equals early bedtime

lilaclotus Mon 04-Jul-05 14:12:13

hmmm her fever went down to 37.6 and now has shot up to 39.7 :/ and i've run out of calpol.

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 14:17:57

sounds like her immune system is low. have you ever given her probiotics? worked a treat with my DS when he had continuous colds.

lilaclotus Mon 04-Jul-05 14:19:41

no i haven't. thanks for the advice

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 14:22:26

lilaclotus - you might find this useful
here

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 09:28:06

her temperature went up in the night over 40C, so i rang nhs direct and they got me an appointment with the emergency doctor. he couldn't find an explanation for the fever at all. she had no other symptoms. i have to drop off a water sample at the docs today to rule out a kidney infection. she is developing another fever this morning, so i keeping her topped up with ibuprofen and calpol.

kid Tue 05-Jul-05 12:48:28

Does she have any sign of a cough or cold?

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 12:50:43

just a very very slightly blocked up nose. she did tell me earlier that her bottom hurt when she went for a wee and that it did this morning too when we got the sample, so it could possibly be a kidney infection.

lucy5 Tue 05-Jul-05 12:53:33

This sort of thing happened to my dd, fever lethargic etc, she had glandular fever. Get her to look up at the ceiling and see if her glands are up, my dd had tummy ache and doc said this was due to glands in tum.

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 12:57:48

the doc checked her neck yesterday and said they were swollen, but that that was normal when she had a fever. she's burning up again now.

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 14:06:29

i am just clueless, she's now complaining the daylight hurts her eyes and that she has a headache.

kid Tue 05-Jul-05 17:57:59

DD came home from school this afternoon with a temp. She was shivering in the car despite feeling very hot.
She is currently snuggled up next to me.

Its scary when they are ill and we have to make decisions as to whether it is serious. If you are in any doubt, then its best to get her seen by an out of hours doc if the surgery is closed.

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 19:35:43

that's what we did last night. dh had to leave work for an hour or two to drive us there (he runs the nightshift).
thanks for all your advice. i'm sure she'll be back to normal soon, it's just worrying that her temperature keep going over 40C.

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 10:31:23

she went up to 40.4C again in the night, but for now she is back to normal. i am hoping this will be the end of it. i've been sick with worry over the last two days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now