Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Is baldness only a matter of time?

(8 Posts)
welshmum Sat 02-Jul-05 08:40:39

I can't remember when your hair starts to fall out after a baby arrives. Does it happen to everyone? When does it start? if I've got to 5 weeks with it all still hanging in there am I out of the woods?
Does breastfeeding affect what happens at all?
Would be grateful for your thoughts....

Kelly1978 Sat 02-Jul-05 08:41:52

mine hasn't and my dts are 3 months. I can remember it pretty soon after dd, and ds, so I'm hoping I've escaped this time. Will be watchign this thread too.

emeraldefmach Sat 02-Jul-05 09:29:34

My hair started to fall out between 3 to 5 months post delivery.

compo Sat 02-Jul-05 09:30:56

mine never fell out at all

welshmum Sat 02-Jul-05 11:46:56

Does anyone know if three months is kind of average for hair loss to begin? Don't want to get attached to mine if it is....

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 11:47:37

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Sat 02-Jul-05 11:48:28

I thought I'd got away with it, in fact I was feeling pretty smug..... Until at around 4 months it started coming out in enormous clumps

lou33 Sun 03-Jul-05 11:17:04

mine didnt

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: