Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds just fell from the top to the bottom of the stairs

(14 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 01-Jul-05 19:44:39

Uncarpeted stairs too !

Had just bathed them all and collected all the dirty towels up and they all went downstairs. I was behind Ds and he just missed his footing and fell form the second from top step, onto his chest, then face and head and over onto his back.

I dropped all the stuff but there was no way I could catch him

He seems to be fine, he cried alot and has a tiny cut on his foot and some marks on his face but is laughing now, saying he rolled downstairs.

I feel awful that I couldn't catch him

kama Fri 01-Jul-05 19:50:51

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 01-Jul-05 19:53:16

Thankyou, i know it couldn't be helped really.

I shouted his name that loud that I scared dd1 who ran into the kitchen.

Am amazed (and thankful) he didn't hurt himself more.

Have no wine so will have to make do with a cuppa

spursmum Fri 01-Jul-05 19:53:36

dont panic nutcracker. my ds has gone down the stairs of our flat twice and is fine. Kids are more "bouncy" than we realise. my ds has no sense of height or distance so is always having accidents! things happen so don't beat yourself up over it just be thankful he is ok. hugs 4 you

YorkieModerator Fri 01-Jul-05 19:54:00

don't worry about it! Keep an eye on him but he sounds ok.
DD2 did this a few weeks ago, ran off the top of the stairs and surfed to the bottom, laughing all the way down!

kama Fri 01-Jul-05 19:54:21

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 01-Jul-05 19:54:35

It is ok to let him go to sleep as normal isn't it ???

Lucycat Fri 01-Jul-05 20:00:01

put some sugar in it then!! they really do bounce don't they! perhaps he's going to be a stunt man in RL......Colt Seevers (sic)

hanginginthere Fri 01-Jul-05 20:04:13

if he seems himself, not drowsy, confused etc, I'm sure its okay to let him go to sleep as usual - just check him a bit more often for your own peace of mind
Poor you, it must have been utterly terrifying to see him falling - thank goodness he is okay

cupcakes Fri 01-Jul-05 20:08:38

God - bet you were terrified! dd did this the other week - but only about half the stairs (I broke her fall).
Shakes you up for a while though.

emmatmg Fri 01-Jul-05 20:13:45

Ds3 did this the other day, I have no idea how he got into the position he was though.

Imagiane the scene, 3 naked boys climbing the starir to get in the bath, ds2 first then ds3 the ds1.
Ds3 somehow topples backwards and falls down the stairs head first on his back with a thud thud thud as his head bumped on each stair.

If I wasn't so shocked at a naked 21 months coming face up head first down the stairs I would have actually laughed....wicked mother that I am.

He was completely unscathed BTW.

nannyjo Fri 01-Jul-05 20:17:16

this thread just brought tears to my eyes , poor little thing.

Please don't blame yourself cos these things happen unfortunately. glad he's ok though.

nutcracker Fri 01-Jul-05 21:16:07

Thanks guys. Am feeling a bit calmer now.

He is absolutly fine, cried at bedtime cos his plaster fell off his foot but he's now fast asleep.

Will be checking on him a bit more often tonight and think he may have a face full of bruises by tommorow.

QueenOfQuotes Fri 01-Jul-05 21:18:12

aww you poor thing - it's an awful feeling isn't it - they're incredibly 'bouncy' though - and I'm sure he'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now