Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What can I do about DD's constant mouth ulcers?

(10 Posts)
spidermama Fri 01-Jul-05 18:46:46

DD, who is nearly 7, is constantly getting mouth ulcers which make her cry at mealtimes.
Any ideas why? Or what I can do about it?
Thanks.

spidermama Fri 01-Jul-05 18:51:46

What no ulcer cures.

sunchowder Fri 01-Jul-05 18:53:58

Yogurt should help her--acidophilis and lysene together would clear them up, but I can't make any recommendations as to the dose. What about speaking with your dentist? Her resistance must be low for her to keep getting them. Good luck.

lunachic Fri 01-Jul-05 18:56:28

ill give you a link to a homeopathic site if you d like def worth trying heres link
follow the instructions and put her symptoms in as best you can hemeopathic medicine can wwork wonders itd really worth trying
if that doesnt work id see a nutritionist in case its a small deficiency in something or give her a good childrens food suppliment

spidermama Fri 01-Jul-05 18:57:32

Thanks Sunch. Think her immune system's good as she rarely gets ill. Will try acidophilis. Wondered if it could be anything to do with new teeth coming in.

spidermama Fri 01-Jul-05 18:59:04

Sounds like good advice Luna, thanks. I've been impressed by homeopathy so far.

lunachic Fri 01-Jul-05 19:02:03

glad to hear that spidermama -im always posting that link im sure people think oh no but homeopathy is brilliant everyone should try it esp.for children as its so harmless

spidermama Fri 01-Jul-05 19:13:44

Just looked at link, did questions with dd and will be visiting health shop tomorrow for remedy. Wish me luck and many thanks.

foxinsocks Fri 01-Jul-05 19:29:07

I used to get loads of ulcers as a kid. Everyone used to tell me it was a lack of vit B but I didn't believe it (and still don't today!) - I have a very good diet and even when I took vits with loads of vit B in them, it made absolutely no difference. I once had one so big that the doctor burned it out of my mouth with some silver nitrate (this was years ago - don't think they do this anymore!!)

Anyway, have you tried anbesol? It's fantastic stuff - numbs the mouth and I really think the less you feel the ulcers, the quicker they go away. I think when you know they are there, your toungue constantly goes over them etc. etc. and they burn when you eat and in my opinion, they stay around for longer. So get some numbing stuff and rub it on. (Check with pharmacy if she can use adult strength otherwise get the junior one)

suedonim Fri 01-Jul-05 20:07:21

Ime, the absolutely best thing for mouth ulcers is Adcortyl in Orabase. It puts a protective layer over the ulcer and contains something that promotes rapid healing. My dr prescribed it when I had an ulcerated cut in my mouth after I got knocked over(!) but you can buy it over the counter in a chemist's. It's about 5gbp. Hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now