Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Movements in stomach!

(22 Posts)
SoundsStupid Thu 30-Jun-05 14:41:25

Regular poster, but changed my name because this sounds so stupid!

I'm having feelings of movement in my stomach, and it feels just like when I was pregnant and my baby started kicking. I can actually see my stomach move. I've never had this before, but for the last two weeks it's been almost constant.

I don't have a tummy upset, I haven't got wind, indigestion, constipation or diarrhoea, and I can't think of anything that would make my tummy move like this other than pregnancy - but I'm not pregnant.

luvlymum Thu 30-Jun-05 14:43:40

Don't know what this could be, maybe wind!

SoundsStupid Thu 30-Jun-05 14:44:27

I haven't got wind, though.

lilaclotus Thu 30-Jun-05 14:44:47

i have that. feels exactly like a baby kicking. i also had chest pains and my gp said he'd give me some pills to rule out the pains were stomach related. they were, as the chest pains stopped and the movement feeling went. i am now constantly hungry with the pills though.
hth at all

SoundsStupid Thu 30-Jun-05 14:45:34

Wow, did he tell you what the stomach problem was caused by?

Lonelymum Thu 30-Jun-05 14:46:24

I "feel" baby movements all the time and I haven't been pg for nearly 2.5 years! Not sure about actually seeing your stomach move though.

BadgerBadger Thu 30-Jun-05 14:46:28

Phantom kicks?

You aren't the only one, though I don't think we ever agreed on the cause!

SoundsStupid Thu 30-Jun-05 14:48:12

DD is four though, so I wouldn't have thought I'd be getting those phantom kicks now!

Although it does sound as if it's more common than I thought, so perhaps nothing to worry about!

lilaclotus Thu 30-Jun-05 14:49:56

no, he said to come back after taking the pills for a month, which will be in a few days. my guess would be that my stomach was a bit slow, iykwim. i'll let you know what he says if you like. i didn't have any other stomach problems (wind, pains, heartburn, indigestion...).

madmarchhare Thu 30-Jun-05 14:52:02

Get it all the time. Maybe you only really notice it after youve had kids because of what it feels like. (My friends have experienced it too)

northerner Thu 30-Jun-05 14:54:49

Yes I get this too. I even started a thread about it too.

Weird isn't it. I even took a PG test once cause I was so convinced it was a baby kicking.

SoundsStupid Thu 30-Jun-05 15:02:56

It's weird - and I'm surprised how common it seems to be. No-one tells you about this, do they!

TrophyWife Thu 30-Jun-05 15:06:23

wow, thats quite wired. i also get this feelinh, manly in the evening when i sit down and chill
and its only been in the last 2.5 yrs since ds was born.
i though i was going mad...

PeachyClair Thu 30-Jun-05 15:52:39

Yes I get this too (ds3 is 2), I always just thought it was intestinal contractions... probably had them always but didnt relate to a baby before I knew what a baby felt like iykwim? Also, stomach muscles are somewhat slacker than they were, unfortunately!

katierocket Thu 30-Jun-05 15:53:42

gosh I get these too, always thought I must be imagining it. Feels just like baby movements.

pleaserewind Thu 30-Jun-05 16:12:23

i get this and my neighbour said she does too, which was when i breathed a sigh of relief to know i wasn't actually going mental.

katierocket Thu 30-Jun-05 16:13:59

so what is it do you think?

emeraldefmach Thu 30-Jun-05 16:29:01

If you're quite slim and lying flat sometimes you can see your aorta pulsating in your abdomen. Perhaps that's what it is.

SoundsStupid Thu 30-Jun-05 16:47:59

Nope, I'm not at all slim, and it happens whether I'm sitting up or lying down - in different places across my stomach too, not just in the one place.

It's surprisingly reassuring to find that so many others have this too - I thought I must be odd!

northerner Thu 30-Jun-05 16:50:56

emeraldefmach what is this aorta thing? I am slim, and when I go to bed at night I get this strange sensation in my abdomen, lower right hand side and it moves and pulsates. It's been worrying me, was about to go to my GP.

Please explain.

sparklymieow Thu 30-Jun-05 16:52:42

I know what this is!!
Its a main blood vessel that you are feeling pumping the blood around, you are more aware of it after you have had a baby because you have got used to a baby kicking in there.

northerner Thu 30-Jun-05 17:00:00

But my strange feeling is different to my phantom kicking feeling. My strange feeling only occurs when laying down and I can see it moving and rising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now