Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Alternative to the oral pill for contraception

(3 Posts)
PooPooGirl Wed 29-Jun-05 13:19:47

I haven an appointment to see my GP next week as I want to change my contraception.

I have tekn the pill for roughly 11 years now (the only break being during pregnancy)

Last month I didn't take it and I felt 100x's better. I lost 4lbs almost immediately, my stomach area was noticably flatter to the point that people passed comment and i just 'felt' better more balanced my moods were less irratic as well.

I have always had fairly noticable mood swings but I felt so much more placid, I can't help wondering if perhaps I should at least try a different contraception to see if the good side effects continue.

Neither myself or dp want to use condoms... so what are my alternatives? I'm a bit out of touch!! one friend had an injection but it made her vile and gurmpy so she had it removed(?)

HEEEELP

grumpyfrumpy Wed 29-Jun-05 13:27:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PooPooGirl Wed 29-Jun-05 13:43:34

Not anytime soon!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now