Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sister in hospital - what could be wrong?

(5 Posts)
HappyHuggy Wed 29-Jun-05 13:16:49

Hello

My sister was taken into hospital last night with severe stomach pains, shes had a urine test and it was full of blood.

She's had a ct scan and is waiting for the results, but i cant go in or get hold of anyone one the phone.

Shes 19

Any ideas what could be up?

Thank you

(((((((hugs)))))

anchovies Wed 29-Jun-05 13:19:28

Could be a kidney infection? When I had one my stomach really hurt and and I had blood in my urine. Hope she's better soon anyway and hugs to you.

emeraldefmach Wed 29-Jun-05 13:20:07

Sorry to hear about your sister. Maybe she has renal colic or a severe urinary infection like pyelonephritis. Just guessing. Hope she gets better soon.

edam Wed 29-Jun-05 13:21:54

Common causes would be bladder infection/kidney stones. Looked this up for you - Medline Plus is reputable medical encyclopedia linked to the system doctors use to look up research.
medlineplus

HappyHuggy Wed 29-Jun-05 13:22:16

Thank you

xxxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: