Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Having like a lump removed,anyone know what they do?

(5 Posts)
steph1974 Tue 28-Jun-05 12:38:45

i am due to go into hospital tomorrow to have what they think is a fatty lump removed from my groin area,where the glands are situated,am abit worried cos no ones told me exactly what they do or how long i am going to be in for and i have 2 small children the youngest being 11months so obviously i need to make arrangements for them if i had to stay in longer than i thought,does anyone know what they do you and what the chances are of me being kept waiting by an emergency operation or something?

Socci Wed 29-Jun-05 12:16:36

Message withdrawn

throckenholt Wed 29-Jun-05 12:23:31

ring the hospital admissions team and ask those questions - you should have been told that already.

Tissy Wed 29-Jun-05 12:26:24

are you having a local or general anaesthetic? have they said that you are expected to go home the same day?

steph1974 Thu 30-Jun-05 09:01:56

been in,had general anaesthetic,and actually found i had a hernia,quite uncommon apparently in women of my age(31),am single mum of 2,youngest being 11months so i cant lift my son for at least 2wks!luckily my mum is having my son for the first week and then my sons dad is having him for the second week,still think there will come a point in time where i will have to pick him up before the 2 weeks is up,cant see how i am going to manage not to pick him up once in two weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now