Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

On behalf of my sister... More than two weeks overdue and tested negative

(10 Posts)
lovecloud Mon 27-Jun-05 21:25:35

Hello just left another thread about myself maybe being pregnant but I also wanted your advice for my sister who is over two weeks late. She done a test when she was one week overdue and it tested negative but she has still not come on.

If she is not pregnant, what else could delay her periods. She is healthy and fit and her period is normally regular.

Thanks

lovecloud Mon 27-Jun-05 21:44:12

Anyone round to advise, I have not been on here for months and since last week I kept telling my sister that she should come on here to ask you all.

Nemo1977 Mon 27-Jun-05 21:46:33

couyld just be stress or her body taking a break. i had this happen last yr and had no period for 4 mths after 2 went to see gp who said if it hadnt returned by 6mths later to go back.

lovecloud Mon 27-Jun-05 21:49:30

Thank you - I thought you had all gone to sleep

That is mad that can happen. Did the gp say why or is it quite common?

She is getting married this year so that could be the cause, not sure about stress though maybe excitement

bigdonna Mon 27-Jun-05 22:10:44

i had 6 negatives with my dd,so she still could be pregnant!

Nemo1977 Mon 27-Jun-05 22:15:40

LC gp just said sometimes body takes a break due to stress or just for sake of it...

Cam Mon 27-Jun-05 22:20:40

How old is your sister lc?

lovecloud Tue 28-Jun-05 13:35:52

my sister is 35 with no children just very active and a real busy bee, she never wanted children before last year but now is so broody. she wants to try this year but is getting married first - she is very organised and i think that is why she has waited to have children later.

i just hope that when she does start trying she wont have to wait too long.

Chuffed Tue 28-Jun-05 14:11:56

I had 2 negatives with dd, went to the doctor and when they tested it came out positive - get her to go to the dr they can rule out the obvious such as high blood pressure and maybe pregnancy.

hotmama1 Tue 28-Jun-05 14:18:32

Get her to do another test. If she is pregnant it could be that her HCG hormone levels weren't initally high enough so she registered a negative. They may be higher now so she may get a positive.

I had 2 negative tests before a positive and I'm now 9 weeks pregnant.

(Let your sis know it's not necessarily all doom and gloom for older mothers - I got pregnant the first time I tried - I was 36, I am now 38 and this pregnancy is the result of me thinking I was 'safe' )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now