Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Periods....Anyone elses make then feel like they have done 10 rounds in a boxing ring ??

(9 Posts)
nutcracker Mon 27-Jun-05 17:14:40

My period arrived on Saturday morning and I had the usual stomach ache, back ache, nausea and head ache with it. But even now my stomach feels so sore and like someone has kicked it alot and i feel so tired.

Nightynight Mon 27-Jun-05 17:28:05

coffee = period pains for me!

nutcracker Mon 27-Jun-05 17:28:51

Eh ?? I don't drink coffee

sorrel Mon 27-Jun-05 17:34:39

poor you nutcracker .I can relate. Recently have developed migraines and faintingtoadd to my list of menstrual misery.

spykid Mon 27-Jun-05 17:36:43

I sympathise, I feel like I have been kick3d by a horse when I have my period, it makes my whole stomach very tender.
Strangely, exercise seems to help, although that is the last thing I feel like doing!!

ssd Mon 27-Jun-05 17:40:32

nutcracker I know how you feel. I feel crap today too, really sad and tearful, and I get your symptoms too. I hate the hot and nauseous feeling I get, roll on a few days and I'll be fine! Hope you will be too!

HellKat Mon 27-Jun-05 17:50:58

Know that feeling all too well. Suffered with severe Endometriosis for years. Hot bath helps and I agree with Spykid, exercise really helps. Also if you can stomach it, sex helps too (medically proven too).

nutcracker Mon 27-Jun-05 17:59:04

Sex !! Really ?? I'd be in agony if i tried to have sex.

I used to get the fainting too when i was a teenager and used to regularyl throw up.

The actual sotmach pains and back ache seems to have eased a bit as i've got older put the soreness of my stomach seems to have got alot worse.

HellKat Mon 27-Jun-05 18:05:11

Works for me. Without tmi it can hurt during but works for afterwards. Gets rid of the horrid backache, dragging belly ache. But the best of all is a long soak in a hot bath. mind you that works for everyhting

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: