Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I've been diagnosed with BPD!

(8 Posts)
pseudoforthis Sun 26-Jun-05 21:35:43

But only just gathered enough courage to look it up on the net to see what it is. Very scary but those are the symptoms I've had for most of my life. I never realised that it all added up to an illness. Anyone else have this or know anyone with it?

sallycinnamon Sun 26-Jun-05 22:02:44

Sorry don't mean to be thick but what's BPD?

WigWamBam Sun 26-Jun-05 22:04:12

Do you mean Bi-Polar Disorder, pseudo?

mancmum Sun 26-Jun-05 22:04:27

is it borderline personality disorder?

mummytosteven Sun 26-Jun-05 22:05:29

?do you mean borderline personality disorder?

think there is some debate as to whether this is something that exists by itself, or whether it it exists in conjunction with other mental health problems like depression/anxiety disorders.

anyway, best of luck with getting treatment for dealing with this.

tamum Sun 26-Jun-05 22:08:52

I would say WWB is right, and pseudo means biopolar, which is normally called BPD. It's what used to be called manic depression. Good luck with finding someone, pseudo.

starlover Sun 26-Jun-05 22:10:43

it's borderline personality disorder.

i was told i had this,but stopped going to the psychiatrist so never got an actual diagnosis.

when i read up on it it was like reading about myself!

pseudoforthis Mon 27-Jun-05 10:33:30

yes, its borderline personality disorder. Not bipolar depression.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: