Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS has lost his beautiful voice :(

(10 Posts)
charleepeters Fri 24-Jun-05 13:01:33

Ds now 10 months woke up yesteday with no voice its getting worse but the thing is he doesnt seem ill? hes still smiling and laughing and playing but voicless! he is also choking on everything in site im not sure weather to take him to the g.p or not. he choked in town and coughed so hard bless him he has burst blood vesseles all over his face - poor baby

Lonelymum Fri 24-Jun-05 13:08:33

That sounds odd. Do you think he might have something blocking his throat? I would get it checked out but maybe just because I have never heard of anything like that in one so young.

fostermum Fri 24-Jun-05 13:11:16

i know its strange he seems fine in himself just he has almost completley lost his voice - his eyes are a little puffy aswell but hes completley happy!

fostermum Fri 24-Jun-05 13:11:28

his poo's better though!

charleepeters Fri 24-Jun-05 13:12:18

bum sorry ive done it again i forgot to login as me!

collision Fri 24-Jun-05 13:13:23

CP and FM......are you the same person?

I would get it checked out if I were you.

charleepeters Fri 24-Jun-05 13:15:27

no im charleepeters - fostermum is my mum but im n her computer and sometimes i forget to swap over to my login name - its confusing sorry!

i'm in doubt aboutt aking tot he g. pas i would have to get an emergency appointment but if hes fine in himself surley its not an emergency? he eating/sleeping/pooing/weeing laughing and smiling just doing it in scilence

HappyMumof2 Fri 24-Jun-05 13:17:15

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Fri 24-Jun-05 13:26:21

I had no idea you were Fostermum's dd CP even though I know you live in the same area!

If I were you, I would ring up the GP and explain the situation and ask them what they think you should do. I usually find they are willing to see you even though you are not sure it is an emergency, and I feel better about going because I think "Well they knew what I was going about". Usually they see babies because you can never be sure what is the matter with them.

LIZS Fri 24-Jun-05 13:54:32

Loss of voice and choking/gagging can be a sign of an upper respiratory infection, such as bronchiolitis, or tonsillitis . Worth getting checked even though most are viral and can be treated only symptomatically as they can suddenly become quite unwell with it and dehydrate especially worrying if it is hot too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now