Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kerry katona and slimming!!!!

(28 Posts)
jambo1707 Fri 24-Jun-05 10:28:39

Hi all

I am looking really to see if anyone has tried the Ephedrine slimming tablets that kerry katona has been using.

I know they suppress eating etc and wanted to know if the results are what they seem on kerry before I go and buy them

ssd Fri 24-Jun-05 10:34:23

Don't know anything jambo, but I'd be interested in them too.

mancmum Fri 24-Jun-05 10:36:54

read this web site -- might put you off!!

\link\http://www.ephedrine-ephedra.com/pages/ephedrinesideeffects.html\ info}

mancmum Fri 24-Jun-05 10:37:36

damn try again!

info

jambo1707 Fri 24-Jun-05 10:49:30

If i stuck to 1/2 tabs a day should be ok though dont you think?

I have phoned local Chinese herbalist who states they are inundated now with sales of these pills and HAVE increased the bloody price to £60 per month supply cheeky buggers

I can get 100 for £13.99 on ebay with positive feedback from other buyers what do you think?

Dh said I should get over the hysterectomy fully first but I am now comfort eating cant control myself and wanted these to loose weight obviously but to suppress my eating

starlover Fri 24-Jun-05 10:51:05

ephedrine is very dangerous which is why it is banned in the UK.
please don't use it.

almostanangel Fri 24-Jun-05 11:13:35

this would not stop you comfort eating hun your not comfort eating because your hungrey your comfort eating to fill a different need not hunger so it wouldnt go away with these[[[[[[[[[hug]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

tiffini Fri 24-Jun-05 11:16:54

kerry katona is supposedly a cocaine junkie, that would explain the weight loss.

basketcase Fri 24-Jun-05 11:16:54

Why not try a more gentle option first - such as "adios" or other herbal pills if you feel the need for pills?
Personally (speaking as a hopelessly overweight, keeping failing to diet hypocrite) why not look to do it the "real" way - ie. through proper change in diet and exercise and mental approach.
The idea that you can keep on eating junk, chocolate, booze etc. and pop a few pills in nuts - and potentially dangerous. Please think twice - don’t let those photos of Kerrys wonderful (airbrushed and digitally enhanced) body make you believe it is worth it.

hermykne Fri 24-Jun-05 11:20:46

jambo
did you ever hear of the HAy diet? by a dr hay born in 1866!! well basically u dont mix carbo and protein and there are neutral foods u can eat with either.
i have been on it since last week, am not hungry and still eat my dinners, last night was homemade burgers, tomato/basil salad, grn beans and blue cheese on burger! yum, dhate the pototoes which i didnt miss at all.

one meal a day has to be just salad or fruit.

its a more normal attitude to eating, as u cant not eat anything , just not certain combinations, u can eat as much as u like, but u will feel full naturally. and you'd be surprised how your energy is boosted when the digestion is better

lou33 Fri 24-Jun-05 11:20:50

ephedrine sent dh mad, when he was given it by a chemist in thailand, he truly lost the plot, turned into travis bickle.

cupcakes Fri 24-Jun-05 11:20:51

Surely it must be illegal for ebay to sell these pills? And even if it was allowed how could you ever know you weren't being sold a placebo - or worse.

Satine Fri 24-Jun-05 11:23:00

If any pills really worked without being amphetamine based then there wouldn't be the massive diet industry there is....it's such a pity but unfortunately eating less and exercising more is the only way And please be careful of buying pills off eBay - I've been scammed with fake cosmetics and skin care products from sellers with over 1500 positive feedbacks, so I'd be a bit worried not to know what on earth I was taking.

misdee Fri 24-Jun-05 11:39:07

i know some ravers uised to take it instead of other drugs.

WideWebWitch Fri 24-Jun-05 13:14:00

It's speed isn't it? I wouldn't. As someone here said 'eat less, exercise more.' There's no quick fix really, I wish there was.

jambo1707 Fri 24-Jun-05 14:34:27

I believe it is speed.

I was on calorie controlled diet (1500 per day) which was going fab, lost on average 3lb per week.

I have just had a hysterectomy(3 wks ago) and I am less active at the moment, I believe I am comfort eating as i am bored and lonely.

I work full time obviously of for now, have 3 wee boys who I cant care for as I am unable to lift the twins etc, god I can hardly take care of myself as I am so bloody tired since the op.

I know I will get back in to my "diet" and exercise when better I was looking for a quick fix really I suppose

WigWamBam Fri 24-Jun-05 14:37:18

It might be a quick fix but it's very, very dangerous. Particularly if you're buying it from a Chinese herbalist - according to some research I read, the Ephedra they sell isn't even licensed for human consumption, so there are no controls over it whatsoever.

jambo1707 Fri 24-Jun-05 14:40:24

May just try the adios then

Be safe

Thanx all

WigWamBam Fri 24-Jun-05 14:42:09

If you really want to take tablets, have you thought about seeing your GP to see if he can prescribe you anything? My GP offered me Xenical (I think that was what it was called) once, you do have to follow a low fat/no fat diet though.

Fio2 Fri 24-Jun-05 14:45:44

it is speed and thats why it is banned

oh well jambo at least you wont have to worry about the effects shrinking your dick

gscrym Fri 24-Jun-05 14:46:02

You have to be very strict with Xenical. If oyu cheat with it it has unpleasant side effects, anal leakage being one of them.

If a drug isn't licensed in this country, I would find out why. Try researching more before taking it. The side effects may not be worth it.

misdee Fri 24-Jun-05 14:46:04

billy willy.

WigWamBam Fri 24-Jun-05 14:48:38

gscrym, Ephedrine isn't licenced in this country because it can kill.

noddyholder Fri 24-Jun-05 14:51:47

v dangerous for your heart and can trigger off heart arrhytmias that you didn't even know you had DON'T TOUCH IT!!

gscrym Fri 24-Jun-05 14:56:58

Apologies, I hadn't heard of it before. I know there are drugs which aren't licensed in the UK for other reasons. I also hadn't read the whole thread and after the details of it being an amphetamine, it's probably a good thing it isn't licensed. I think it's a bit irresposible for celebs to go on about things like this, people see them all done up in magazines and it makes it look like an ideal solution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now