Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really itchy spots on scalp and back of neck, please give me hints as to what it could be

(12 Posts)
Rhubarb Tue 01-Dec-09 21:45:21

Ok, I've had this for a few weeks now. I thought I was getting bitten. Red, itchy spots appeared on the back of my neck and behind my ears. Then I started itching my scalp and discovered spots in my head too.

I've searched the house for mozzies, there are none. I've combed through my head with a nit comb 5 times and found nothing.

I'm not using a different brand of shampoo.

I'm stressed, that's all.

I've also noticed a bit more of hair is coming away with the comb.

What is it?

giraffespullthesleigh Tue 01-Dec-09 22:14:19

Just posted a thread about being very itchy and stressed just now. Its very annoying isn't it. I sometimes get itchy spot bits on scalp too.

Rhubarb Tue 01-Dec-09 22:19:55

Thanks giraffe, googling it doesn't give me very pleasant results. They are proper spots, like acne spots, on my head and incredibly itchy.

No pets so not ringworm.

Seona1973 Tue 01-Dec-09 22:24:46

you dont need pets to have ringworm as I had ringworm and all we have is tropical fish!

JustFuckersAndFuckwits Tue 01-Dec-09 22:26:50

I suffered like this & like you kept checking for headlice over & over again!, DS1 was just a few moths old so GP put it down to hormones, gave me steriod shampoo which when I used 3 big fat adult lice fell out my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had been itching pretty much since giving birth so think I had picked them up from hospital!

I have seriously think hair & lots of it - i had DH & mum look and they missed them!

Do you have someone who can check your hair for you?

loopylou6 Tue 01-Dec-09 22:58:52

Me too. Ive been having itchy spots on my righr arm leg and all over mymscalp, driving me crazy

Rhubarb Wed 02-Dec-09 11:37:54

Hmm, well the spots seem to be spreading on the back of my neck.

I could use Hedrin, we've got some of that anyway. But if I had headlice, how would they get on the back of my neck?

JustFuckersAndFuckwits Wed 02-Dec-09 19:31:39

well my rash/spots was behind the ears and around back of neck, if you have longish hair then i imagine the rash would go to the lenthg of your hair!

(i never found anymore or any eggs - just those 3 big uns! Very strange!)

Dreilly1985 Tue 09-Feb-16 21:12:11

Hi cam anybody help.me please,
I have had a itchy salp and back of my neck for 3 days now its driving me crazy 😒😒
i dont have nits
Ive not changed shampoo
Ive not changed washing stuff etc
I have small spots in back of my scalp and on back of my neck please help....

sadie9 Wed 10-Feb-16 17:22:35

Sorry but I think its still likely to be nits. They are hard to find. Did you wet the hair and use a nit comb and wipe on a white tissue?

AnotherEffingOrangeRevel Wed 10-Feb-16 19:31:54

Another vote for nits. Sneaky buggers.

MotherOfMinions Sat 13-Feb-16 09:57:02

Could it be scalp psoriasis ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now