Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bizarre useless doctor, help needed please!

(6 Posts)
dizzymama Thu 23-Jun-05 16:16:07

Hi all,my physio asked me to go to my doctor and get some anti-inflamatorys (I so know that spelling is wrong!)so like a good girl I did . Now I have 100 of these dicloflex tablets to take three times a day. It seems like an awful lot of tablets to me and the doctor didn't even explain how to take them or for how long. Anyone had these and have any ideas? TIA

potty1 Thu 23-Jun-05 16:22:08

My mum takes dicloflex for her hip, dizzy. I think they have to be taken regularly and for a good while to get the full anti-inflammatory effect.

gscrym Thu 23-Jun-05 16:24:31

Do the tablets have another name. If they are dichlofenic sodium or something called Voltarol, make sure you take them with food. They can irritate the stomach.

If the Dr hasn't explained how to take them, call him. If he won't speak to you, call your local pharmacy and ask to speak to someone. If in any doubt, don't take them until you have spoken to your GP and are happy with the course of treatmen. 3 tablets a day for one month is almost 100 tablets so that isn't too bad.

dizzymama Thu 23-Jun-05 16:33:57

They are also called diclofenac sodium according to the box. Think I will ring the doctor back but why couldn't the t**t just tell me in the first place?
Thanks for advice about food too gscrym.
Does seem I have to take these for a while then potty, hope I can do so with alcohol (not take them with alcohol obviously !)

lou33 Thu 23-Jun-05 16:40:38

i have to use diclofenic when my joints start flaring, take them with food, as suggested.

Kelly1978 Thu 23-Jun-05 16:42:15

i would speak to the pharmicist rather than the gp - they are the experts on medication.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now