Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Whats the difference between a Kids Factor 30 sun cream and an adults factor 30....can I use the kids is what I mean?

(9 Posts)
pepsi Thu 23-Jun-05 14:28:01

We are off on our hols next week and getting organised today. My ds and dd use Proderm which is a mouse, factor 30, its been re-named recently but cant remember to what. Anyway its great stuff as it doesnt start up excema or itchy patches on their skin. I thought I would use it too, buy plenty of it to save taking out various tubes and bottles whenever we go out. Is this ok? Whats the difference between something marketed for kids or adults, is it just kinder to the skin. Also if you use a £2 coin amount of cream on your arm does the same amount apply in mouse?

sparklymieow Thu 23-Jun-05 14:28:30

I use the kids suncream all the time.

pepsi Thu 23-Jun-05 14:29:31

Also forgot to ask, if you use a SPF15 moisuriser does this mean you have to lather than on as well. Are all these creams ok for the face or should you have separate ones.

pepsi Thu 23-Jun-05 14:30:13

Yes, well Ive been using mine to but I just wondered if adult stuff is stronger in some way.

madmarchhare Thu 23-Jun-05 14:31:42

Is it a mouse or a mousse pepsi?

I use DSs suncream, dont know what the difference is but I dont worry about it, if it was the other way round then I might look into it a bit more.

pepsi Thu 23-Jun-05 14:36:40

Imagine if it was a mouse, eeek, dont think I would fancy that somehow. Have you tried mousse, its so much easier than lotion. Tried the Nivea green spray at beginning of last year and that really brought them out.

SaintGeorge Thu 23-Jun-05 14:38:45

The only difference between kids and adults formulations are the colours/smells/gimmicks they add to the kids stuff. Active ingredients wise they are the same.

This article has info plus some advice on amount to use.

madmarchhare Thu 23-Jun-05 14:49:06

Have just bought tons of BOGOF lotion. I'll try it next time though if its easier, the lotion can be a bit of a nightmare when DS is squirming around. I have to admit though I always thought it was just another gimmick.

Ameriscot2005 Thu 23-Jun-05 15:02:25

The SPF test uses 2 mg product per square centimetre of skin, which is more than most people would instinctively use.

I have no idea how you would judge how much mousse you are using, and therefore its true SPF on your skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now