Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Birth marks

(16 Posts)
mandyc66 Thu 23-Jun-05 13:46:59

My little one has a a couple of birth marks and I just wondered if any one elses did?

mandyc66 Thu 23-Jun-05 13:48:10

That sounds silly!!!!!
Ds4's are on his leg. quite big but no one seems to have noticed while in his shorts...maybe they think I have been hiting him!!!!!

Cybermum Thu 23-Jun-05 13:48:53

dd1 had one on her chest, its faided away now. (She's 12)

mandyc66 Thu 23-Jun-05 13:49:53

my dd had a stork mark at the back of her neck. Its under her hair line so it cant be seen

Cybermum Thu 23-Jun-05 13:51:44

Yes, I think that's what dd1 had. Can't remember now - its either my age or the heat

mandyc66 Thu 23-Jun-05 13:53:27

ds3 has a little cafe au lait or whatever they are called on his chest..very small very faint. But ds4 has a dark mole coloured one at the top of one leg and a purple one all down his other

sparklymieow Thu 23-Jun-05 13:54:45

My dd1 has one on her leg, looks like a large mole, have to keep it covered and make sure it doesn't grow and bleed. And DD2 has a strawberry Naevi (sp??) on her chin, slowly fading...

janeybops Thu 23-Jun-05 13:59:02

both my parents have very pale brown ones. My sister and I both have dark brown ones. Mine is on my shin, hers is on her neck. DD has a pale brown on the trunk of her body under her armpit.

Doesn't everyone have one???????? Or is it only the lucky few?

Pomi Thu 23-Jun-05 16:22:48

My friend's dd has got one on her cheek like a big mole and can bleed. How do you deal with it. I mean how can they disappear?

janeybops Thu 23-Jun-05 18:28:37

bump

TinyGang Thu 23-Jun-05 18:39:14

My dd had a red smudge in the corner of her eye when she was born. I think the worry is they sometimes turn into strawberry birth marks which can be quite big. Dd's faded though after a month or so and is now gone completely.

My mum says I have one in the nape of my neck, but I've never seen it

starlover Thu 23-Jun-05 18:41:14

i have one on my arm. very pale brown. looks like a skidmark.

ds has none... but he does have a third nipple!

HappyMumof2 Thu 23-Jun-05 18:41:19

Message withdrawn

Tessiebear Thu 23-Jun-05 19:00:37

My DS1 (7) has a brownish one above his knee - only the size of a 1p. We have always called it his "Magic Mark" - and told him that only very lucky children have one

Littlefish Thu 23-Jun-05 19:31:00

My DD developed a small, round "strawberry" birth mark, on the top of her leg when she was about a week old. My GP said it would probably disappear by the time DD is 2. It's already started fading (she's 7 months old). We've taken loads of photos of it - I think it's lovely!

mandyc66 Thu 23-Jun-05 22:26:52

All very positive remarks! the darl brown one is flat. the gp hasnt really commented,said the red one was unusual as sometimes its white and sometimes purple!!!! HV said if it bothered us maybe we could have it looked at. He is 8 months old ao will see how it develops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now